News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Recent posts

General / Re: pagination is missing arro...
Last post by GODpleasers - 15.04.2024 17:19:36
Quote from: ColinM on 15.04.2024 12:57:34I am still working on this.  Yes we are using the regular Joomla4/5 atun and cassiopeia templates.
Had found some missing lines in your version of the layout so I updated your version.
Have not located cause! Hmmm! but still looking

Colin

Thank you because it makes since it should work the same as yours without any problems.
Last post by ColinM - 15.04.2024 12:57:34
I am still working on this.  Yes we are using the regular Joomla4/5 atun and cassiopeia templates.
Had found some missing lines in your version of the layout so I updated your version.
Have not located cause! Hmmm! but still looking

Colin
Last post by GODpleasers - 14.04.2024 19:35:00
ok thanks so i have to figure out how to install font awesome and it would work am I right.

Also i don't know why that would happen its just the default Cassiopeia template that comes with joomla 4 And 5  I haven't made any changes to the files.

Im guessing its thew same template you use am I right?

So i just tried making the same fontawesome  folders and files as the autum in the Cassiopeia and that did not bring the arrows back either. Why? and help please.
Last post by ColinM - 13.04.2024 12:56:02
Hi
I have changed the layout for you to the latest version.
However the font awesome which generates the chevon symbols is not present in the frontend but it is ok in the backend - see attached pics.

Regret I do not know how to add font awesome to front end!! :(
See attached Pics
Colin
PS But I am not quite sure this is the problem!!!
Bugs! / Re: Not possible to view docum...
Last post by ColinM - 12.04.2024 16:37:44
Hi
I will send you a private message These PMs are secure
Colin
Last post by GODpleasers - 12.04.2024 08:07:24
Quote from: ColinM on 15.01.2024 15:13:49Now Solved by using jD3.9 instead of jD3.2 layout

Sorry don't know what you mean. Where do i change the layout?

Can you change it for us please?
Bugs! / Re: Not possible to view docum...
Last post by rbuelund - 10.04.2024 21:26:59
Hmmm.. access to the Single category menu item is Registered. Access to the Download for registered user group on the specific category is also set to registered - still no files are shown !
General / Re: Bulk import/create hundred...
Last post by ColinM - 04.04.2024 12:57:01
Lorange
Had not appreciated it was a totally new site.
The way to add the category info you have is to import to the data using the import facilities of your Mysql database. 
Select the Category table and then use the Input

It accepts several forms and I have added examples using CSV and Open Office formats.  Note that the first line gives the entry names in the table.  Most importantly there must be an entry for evey item, which may be blank.
There is no way of a mass entry with details like description unlee all such items are identical.

Obviously try with a simple example.

Colin
Last post by Lorange - 03.04.2024 17:03:53
Hi,

I'm using the latest versions of Joomla and jD, PHPO 8.2. It's actually a brand new project. I have no files to migrate. I just need a way to automatically create the categories with their respective description. I have more than 300 categories, each with its own description. It would be very time consuming to create them manually in jD. The solution you suggested (jD Check Download Area > "Search Only for new directories") would create the categories but not their descriptions.

I have a .csv file ready that look like this:

#### CATEGORY NAME ######## CATEGORY ALIAS ########### CATEGORY DESCRIPTION ########### PARENT CATEGORY ####
Example Name 1example-name-1Example description of the category 1
Example Name 2example-name-2Example description of the category 2
Example Name 3example-name-3Example description of the category 3example-name-1
Example Name 4example-name-4Example description of the category 4
Example Name 5example-name-5Example description of the category 5example-name-2
Example Name 6example-name-6Example description of the category 6
Example Name 7example-name-7Example description of the category 7
Example Name 8example-name-8Example description of the category 8example-name-1

In the example above, the category 8 would be a child of Category 1. I just need theses categories (more than 300) to be created in jD (in the database).

Is there a way to achieve that?
Last post by ColinM - 03.04.2024 14:11:16
Hi
Which versions of jD, Joomla and PHP are you using?  Will they be the same on the new site?

The basic way is to use the jD Check Download Area.  Being very cautious I would
I would suggest using FTP to copy over the contents of the old site jdownloads directory to the new site jdownloads file. Actually just copy over a section of the Folders and their Downloads to avoid timeouts, then use the Check Download Area - "Search Only for new directories". Next use the "Search only for new Files" Do not attempt to do all in one hit, just be patient

Make backups first just in case!!
See Monitoring Options

Colin