News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem with ALIAS field in DB tables (3.2.17)

Started by i0wi, 06.12.2014 12:55:32

Previous topic - Next topic

i0wi

First of all, it's a pleasure working with this component. I've been using it a long while now, and it's only been getting better and better, while simplifying any customizations, all the time. Thank you so much for this, your contribution to the Joomla society is probably immesurable.
The only little problem I'm currently encountering is the missing "alias" field in two tables: #__jdownloads_files and #__jdownloads_templates. The installation/update procedure went smooth, with no errors reported (my previous version was 3.2.11). I fixed this simply by adding 'alias' fields (varchar, 255) to these two tables and am reporting the issue merely if anyone else experiences this and needs a quick fix.

Cheers!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i will check this here again with the same versions (3.2.11 to 3.2.17).
But where exactly get you this messages? What are your 'error level' settings in Joomla global config? Had you activated before the 'debug' option?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

i0wi

Hey Arno,

sorry I'm a bit late with the answer, been busy bootstrapping jD the whole day :)

As I recall, there were no error messages during installation, but once I tried to add a download (monitoring was on, I simply copied a file to the download directory and went to the jD downloads page) there was the default SQL query error, "Missing filed 'alias' in ...". The component was obviously unsuccessfully trying to add a download entry to the database. The same thing happened when I tried to change layouts, but adding the "Alias" field manually fixed both errors.
The site is still pretty much default (Joomla 3.3.6)- there was no need to change error reporting or debugging settings yet... The funny thing, everyhting obviously worked OK with the previous version, since there were some minor modifications to layouts and several categories. I created these a month and a half ago, when I initially installed the component.

I don't believe there's much to worry about - it was probably something I screwed up somehow, maybe missed some installation instructions or something. Hey, it's still beta anyway :)

Cheers!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
thanks for the details.
i have tested it here in the same way. But i can not confirm here a error message like yours.
By the way, an db table field alias is not required in this both tables. in The Files table is only use a files_alias field.
No idea why you get this errors.
I don't believe there's much to worry about - it was probably something I screwed up somehow, maybe missed some installation instructions or something.
For me in the moment a possible reason. ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •