News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem with mp3 files

Started by ModernChurchUK, 21.08.2018 18:33:36

Previous topic - Next topic

ModernChurchUK

Hi,
I maintain a website for a charity and use jdownloads to manage all the downloads on the site. Every year they host an annual conference and record mp3 audio of the speakers. For the past four years I have successfully uploaded these mp3 files and it has been possible to play and download them from the site, but now they will not play. See this page as an example: http://modernchurch.org.uk/downloads/download/35-2018/885-modern-church-conference-preview
I'd welcome suggestions t fix this asap - I need to have the audio available on the website by this Friday at the latest.
Kieran
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could not reproduce audio  challenge! Have same version
Think you have a website problem as it is failing to load resources.  See attached pic.  This could be that some server files are locked or cannot be read.  Suggest you look at file permissions on your server.
I tried several browsers and all have same symptom.  Have you loaded any new extnsions as it is possible they are not compliant. 

Also there is a reference to JQMIGRATE that I do not understand. Have you recently moved to your own server perhaps based on XAMPP? 

If one clicks on the Download button the file plays AOK in the browser.
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have now checked on an XAMPP test site and it is showing the same problem as you have.  Did some web searching and it seems common with XAMPP, WAMP and others that run on local windows based devices.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Please check your settings on the pic below.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •