News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Updated Button not showing

Started by Zachary, 11.01.2016 22:28:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Zachary

Hello Community,
today I have installed the jDownloads component and donate also. Now I want showing a "updated" Button to a donwload/file and did select this, but the button ist not showing...

Maybe you have a solution?

Forumsupport auch auf deutsch möglich? :)

Thank you and greetings
Karsten
  •  

ColinM

Karsten,
First Happy New Year, and thank you for your donation.

The Frontend Create /Edit a new Download has an Optional question asking if you wish to mark the Download as updated.  To activate that question you need to go to the User Groups Settings - Group Creation/Editing Settings and click the Mark Download as Updated box for those User Groups that you have permitted to create/edit Downloads.

The upload form will then show the 'Has it been 'Updated'?' field as illustrated. The Pulldown allows you to say 'Yes'.  Not just making a change to a Download does not automatically set the Modified flag.

If you also go to Config - Pictures tab you will see a field 'How many days is a Download to be considered as Updated?' which allows setting the duration of the modified symbol.

Colin
My German is only good for travel and restaurants!!

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hallo.
Support in deutsch ist auch möglich, aber eigentlich hat Colin ja schon alles nötige geschrieben.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Zachary

Hello, thank you Collin and Arno.
Now the download doesn't go anymore. Maybe you know what is wrong? I have done a lot at the website, I don't know wht it is...

Link: https://goo.gl/tTYzRn
  •  

Arno

Sende mir mal Login Daten als Super User via PM.
Und was denn nun genau nicht geht...
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Zachary

Hallo Arno,
kannst Du downloaden? Ist auf öffentlich gestellt. Jetzt ist zwar der aktualisiert Button da, aber nicht mehr der zum downloaden.

Grüße, Zach
  •  

Arno

Dann hast du die Zugriffsberechtigungen für die Usergruppe 'public'  verändert. Sende mir die Daten und ich schau mal nach.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •