News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Unable to publish Download Button

Started by WEBSEO, 15.06.2015 23:58:32

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBSEO

Hello Colin, (continuing development for http://www.familyjusticecenter.org/)
I followed your instructions with regards to "MY STANDARD Files Layout without Checkboxes v2.5 (4)"
   (SEE: Re: Inconsistent space within images and content again Part 3
« Reply #5 on: 07.05.2015 13:07:30 »).

I went and copied the layout from the live site and included it on test site: http://familia2015.webmaster-sos.com/
on jDownloads: Layouts: Files" "MY STANDARD Files Layout without Checkboxes v2.5 (4)"

I selected the layout and made it the default on jDownloads: Configuration, but I do not see the Download button.
Can you please tell me what I missed?

Many thanks for all your help,
Beatriz
  •  

ColinM

Beatriz
Could you resend access stuff via PM as I cannot get into back end for some reason.  Maybe account got blocked or changed
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Beatriz
Have been away for a couple of days.  The reason why you have no download button showing is because you do not have a file in the Download.  As a Demo go to Civil Legal cat and look at last entry where I have added a file to the Download from the back end.  Also see pics.  In the backend list a red symbol indicates no file. I edited the description as you can see

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Beatriz,
Having sorted out the download button there is the difficulty of the left shifted page.  jD just places information in the content page and has no control over its position.  Please look carefully at the attached pics.  The first picture is of a 'normal' page and the second is the left shifted page.  I would also let you know that on one occasion when accessing the Spanish page I got an encoding error message.

On the left-shifetd page things are missing, the 'Margins' on the left appear to have shrunk and those on the right have grown. Is there a missing spacer type module on the left side?  The range of the lighter coloured back ground has reduced and a darker one that no doubt  is the 'lowest level' background now appears.

The look and appearance of the main content page is the same.

Something stange is going on but what?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Colin,
Quote from: ColinM on 19.06.2015 20:13:40
Please look carefully at the attached pics.  The first picture is of a 'normal' page and the second is the left shifted page.
Have you forget the pics?  ;D
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

@Arno
thanks for prompt

@Beatriz
Whops! I forgot to add them ::)  Now attached. 

The point I am trying to make is that jDownloads component only generates code to go into the main article area.  There are possible css clashes with colours, font and the like within the main article area but not elsewhere.  I have not known an error like the left-shit one being caused by jD.  It is the template that decides.  But like yourself why just this one page.

Also got another instance of the encoding error - see pic 3

Colin
PS could I remind you about admin details
C

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •