News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Norwegian language - [Solved - Not a jD bug]

Started by NJK, 01.02.2023 15:24:14

Previous topic - Next topic

NJK

Hi,

Regarding languages, you said to use the files for the 3.9 series.

I've found some bugs in the backend, see the attached images.

This is what I've seen so far:
For the Options screen only the first three tabs are shown (out of 14 tabs total).
For Check Download Area on Control Panel it shows the Language Constants, instead of text.

Tested with jDownloads pre-beta 4.0.15, Joomla 4.2.7, and the latest Norwegian language file (2023-01-10).

I do not see these bugs on Joomla 3, with jDownloads 3.9.8.6.

Regards,
Frode at NJK
  •  

Arno

Hi Frode,
please note that we ourselves only provide the English and German language files for jDownloads. For all other languages, as always, help is needed from users and translators who support open source projects in this way.

My reference to the fact that the older language files of the earlier version can currently also be used does not automatically mean that this will always work without errors.
There may also be errors in the additional language files (by the way, there is a special debugger option for languages in the Joomla configuration).
Version 4 contains several new language definitions, but this should not normally be a problem. Why this is not displayed in your case, I must first test and check myself.

By the way, you are welcome to help with the translations.
You can find information here: https://www.jdownloads.net/translations/jdownloads-3-9-x-languages/nb-NO
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

NJK

Hi Arno,

I'm aware that translations generally are done by others, but these bugs are not language issues per se. And of course I don't expect it to work flawlessly, I just report what I see.

Just for the record, I have translated several computer programs as a volunteer, but I do not have the time to engage in translations for Joomla software at the moment.

Regards,
Frode
  •  

Arno

Hi Frode,
Sorry, that wasn't meant as an accusation, I may have expressed myself wrongly.  :-\

I took a quick look at the language file of the backend. Some things look strange to me. For example, parts like this: "_QQ_"_QQ_"_QQ_".
That's not how it should be formatted. Could be the result of incorrect search and replace operations.

I'll take a closer look later and maybe I can clean up the errors.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Okay, I think I could fix the language file from transifex.
It had a few mistakes which caused the incorrect display. Fortunately, this was not a bug in jDownloads 4.  ;)

So please download and install it again from jdownloads.net and try it again.  :)

Edit:
The problem with the control panel monitoring tab is that this part is new and the required language keays does nit exist in the norway language file.

In case anyone is interested:
it was due to incorrectly inserted HTML tags such as
- </ b> and </ u> (correct: without a space after /)
as well as these parts
- "_QQ_"_QQ_"_QQ_" (correct: "_QQ_")

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •