News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

JD4 my testresults: Great, one small TinyMCE issue - [Solved - Not a jD bug]

Started by bas_otten, 28.01.2023 20:26:48

Previous topic - Next topic

bas_otten

I did some testing on the beta-jDownloads-4.0.14 on Joomla 4.2.6 (upgrade from 3.10, default Atum backend template) on PHP 8.2, running at least through all the functions that I use for the website that I maintain. It all looks and feels great, I found no technical errors, and it gives a very mature impression. Two points of attention to mention:

• As a Dutch user I installed the latest NL language-pack, still leaving me with a random mix of Dutch and English, but I know this is work-to-be-done anyway.
  • When creating a Download, the Editor menu (TinyMCE) on the Long description field appears totally mixed up (Firefox 102.7), see screenprint.
Regards, Bas
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have reproduced your 'challenge'.  So some additional notes.

In the backend, the items on the left extreme left should not appear when you select Long Description.
For Changelog they apear when you use the Toggle Editor button.
If you have previously added a Data file, using Files Data, then the problem does not occur.

I could not make the problem appear if I used the JCE or Code Mirror Editors
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Okay Guys, thanks for the hints. I will try to find the reason for this.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

I could not reproduce this by me.  :-\

But we should shorten the alias text.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Arno
When testing this the Download must NOT have any file in it
It is a little 'tricky' to see the fault so I have added some pics - first couple of time I did not fathom the sequence

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Colin,
thanks for the pics. So it is not required to activate the dutch language? Okay. I will try it again.

Edit:
I have try it but no way. So it must wait.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

bas_otten

This strange TinyMCE menu issue on the Long description is solved! As of today Joomla 4.2.7 is out, which contains a ton of fixes on TinyMCE, apparantly one of them was causing this, and it had nothing to do with jDownloads. Case closed;-)
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •