News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Joomla update server

Started by shoulders, 20.09.2019 15:29:20

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Hi

It would be nice to use jDownloads to build my update server URLs from the downloads. This is a massive feature that is missing and is ideally suited for jDownloads

• - This would selectable per download.
  • - Ability to build a master XML file for extensions.joomla.org
  • - Exclude downloads from the master XML which will allow me to use the xml builder for non-joomla software
  • - the option to output a .ini file instead of a XML file (this would be used for non-joomla software)
  • - All XML fields should be present and editable in the download
  • - I think that XML files also allow for previous versions to be stored in the XML so a smooth upgrade path is available.
  • - There would need to be a menu option for the upgrade URLs. There are several ways I could see this being done. Perhaps 1 menu item  for the master feed, 1 menu item for all of the other downloads in a heirarchy and 1 menu item where you can select a specific download.
  • - Maybe a new admin aread for handling the update URLs centrally
  • - Subscription aware so people can use this to distribute commercial software. And some small notes on how to add this into token/key in to the update request of the commercial extension

Thanks
  •