News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Jdownloads search has taken over the whole site search

Started by amir777, 22.10.2014 17:40:29

Previous topic - Next topic

amir777

Hi,

Thank you for detailed feedback to previous issues.

I have just noticed Jdownloads search has taken over the site search in a way that when you type keyword in site's regular search box, it only searches the documents, and the search results page also belongs to Jdownloads which does not resemble Joomla core related page. In a way Jdownloads has hijacked the site's search functionality. How can I put things back to normal condition while including Jdownloads content?

Regards,
Amir
  •  

Arno

Hi Amir,
sorry but i understand not exactly what you mean.
Maybe can help a example with pics?  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

amir777

Hi Arno,

Please take a look at screenshot 1 - it shows the site's main search box. When you search thru the box for ALL Site content, it only searches the Jdownloads content.

The second screenshot shows the search results page which belongs to Jdownloads, and not to Joomla's core search results.

I want to resolve the issue relating to scope of search (screenshot 1) and also have the initial search results page back. I just want the site's search function to include Jdownloads content.

Regards,
Amir

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi Amir,
- the first pic is from the Joomla search module. This used special search plugins to get the search results from different components. Also for jD exist a search plugin which is available after installation. But it must be activated to works in the frontend. So the search about this module can be 'sitewide'. When you will not use the search for jDownloads, deactivate the jD search plugin.

- the second picture is from the internal search function in jDownloads. This is similar with the Joomla search component. This function lists the results only from content in jDownloads. But the results and options are here more extensive as in the search module above.
When you will not use this search function, you can in the layouts remove the placeholder for the 'search' symbol.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

amir777

Hi Arno,

The problem is when the search is set at default (all site), then it only searches Jdownloads and ignores all other elements and content of the site. Therefore, the search results also belongs to Jdownloads and not the default search results page.

Regards,
Amir
  •  

Arno

Hi Amir,
you should always define what for 'search' you mean.

QuoteThe problem is when the search is set at default (all site), then it only searches Jdownloads and ignores all other elements and content of the site.
When you mean above the Joomla search 'module', then you can select in the search form, in which content shall Joomla search (articles, contacts, downloads etc.).
See pic. I get here search results from any content not only from jDownloads.

The search in jDownloads is a function which search ONLY in jDownloads content. This is correct and so desired.

So i can not understand what for a problem you have here really.
  ???

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

amir777

I don't want to take up a lot of your time over this issue.

It is better you see it first hand.

How can I PM / email you the detail?

Regards,
Amir
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ColinM

@amir777
If you click on a users name in one of his posts then you get details about the person and also at bottom you get link to post a Personal Message.  You access Personal Messages just under the login at top of Home Forum page.

I will send you this text again as a PM

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Colin,
it was not possible to rebuild this problem here by me.
But i have asked amir777 a few things but wait still on the reply.
So we can nothing do here in the moment.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •