News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Alternative to PayPerDownload?

Started by diwou, 23.05.2019 19:53:27

Previous topic - Next topic

diwou

Unfortunately PayPerDownload is useless. It seems to be very easy to overcome without paying. I already had contact with the developer, but there was not really a solution.

That's why I wanted to ask if there is any alternative to linking JDownloads and PayPal?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I have never used this extension really so I can not say anything to this.
I also have no knowledge of other providers so you should search another via Google or/and Joomla extension directory.

It can be that we will offer later this year a simple 'cart' extension for jDownloads (with PayPal option) together with the new coming jDownloads series 3.9.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

diwou

That sounds wonderful. It would be fantastic if something would come in this direction!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
alternate could you maybe use a commercial extension like MijoShop. It seem to support also jDownloads.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

diwou

The problem with these feature monsters is that you have an enormous effort to offer a file for 50 cents. That's not in any relation.

Especially since you can build a shop system directly. You only have to hire a few people for your private site to take care of it full time :-)

I look for a fancy small simply solution. But there seems to be either only such minimal solutions, which are then so cumbersome that it becomes then again a gigantic expenditure. Or you almost have to install SAP to offer a file for a small fee.

There seems to be nothing in between. At least nothing that one could afford as a private site operator.

Therefore the idea sounds very tempting, if there would come a small shopping cart, incl. PayPal integration.
  •