News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Content plugin and Title to be used as header option

Started by bositman, 21.10.2014 13:39:29

Previous topic - Next topic

bositman

Hey, I have 2 questions about the new 3.2 jdownloads.

Firstly, I can't find anywhere the Frontend option named "Title to be used as header option". Is there any other equivalent for it? How can I replicate this functionality?

Secondly, is there going to be a new content plugin for the 3.2 series?

Thanks for your time.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
Quote"Title to be used as header option"
It exist not exactly this text in the language file, so i understand not what you mean.
What shall do this option exactly?
Maybe can help a pic from the option in the old version?

QuoteSecondly, is there going to be a new content plugin for the 3.2 series?
The new content plugin is in work. But i can not say when it is ready exactly.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

bositman

Sure, I have attached an image.

Thanks for replying :)

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Thanks. You have right, this option was created in a very old version but it is not more required.
Used is now only the menu params. This is the standard way in Joomla.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

bositman

Actually I need it because I do not have all my downloads in a menu. So I cannot set a custom menu title for each one, but only for the top categories.

For example I have Windows, Linux and Mac categories which have a menu assigned. But under these, I have Release 1, Release 2 subcategories etc, which do not have any menu assigned. There is no way to get the page title to appear like Downloads - Release 1, Downloads - Release 2 as I used to...
  •  

Arno

QuoteActually I need it because I do not have all my downloads in a menu.

QuoteBut under these, I have Release 1, Release 2 subcategories etc, which do not have any menu assigned.

This is also not required. In this case shouid be visible the menu title from the parent categories (i think).  ::)
Nobody else has posted a problem like this before (in many months).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

bositman

Yeah the page title of the subcategory appears as 'Release 1'. (Windows (category)->Release 1(subcategory).  I think it's better SEO if it would show as Downloads-Release 1 :S
  •  

Arno

So you mean it should be the same as the breadcrumbs?
I must check this. But this can take a little bit longer, as it is not a 'very important' bug.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

bositman

Not exactly. I don't want the title to be 'Windows-Release 1' for the Release 1 subcategory, I just want a preset prefix (for my case 'Downloads') before each category title as I could do it in 2.5.

I understand this is low priority :)
  •