News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error 404 after clicking on downloadbutton

Started by RalfArmbrust, 20.02.2018 18:16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

RalfArmbrust

On our page www.fbg-kl.de we have som sermons for listening and download (mp3-files arround 45 min. and 20 MB size).

The Player just works fine, but if somebody wants to download the file an error 404 is shown. I have no idea why it is so. I tried to change settings from direct-download "Yes" to "no" and download over PHP-Script "Yes" and "no".

Still the same.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I used file 'Fegt den alten Sauerteig aus (1. Kor. 5)' as an example.  I am using the latest Firefox browser on Win 10.
When used directly (open with my default TWINUI) it began the speech after the short download time.  Then I repeated and it saved fine '2018.02.04 - Fegt den alten Sauerteig aus 1. Kor. 5.mp3' at a size of 18.675Mb. Also downloaded OK with Edge browser.
What browse are you testing with?

Colin
PS it may be you have outpt buffering on in php setup
Colin M
  •  

RalfArmbrust

After turning off Rewrite url in joomla general settings its working ok.
But this is really not what I want and what it should do. It should work with userfriendly urls too.

•  

ColinM

Hi
Glad the problem has been solved.

Do you have any SEF extensons on your site as we find some of them have problems with other file handing extensions.
I have no problems on any of my test sites no matter which of the SEO settings I use.
When you had Rewrite url set On did you have a .htaccess file on your site? And if yes had it been modified from the general Joomla! .htaccess file?
Colin
Colin M
  •