News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Modules not showing

Started by pedders, 14.06.2016 16:40:46

Previous topic - Next topic

pedders

I have  JDownloads 3.2.44 on Joomla 3.5.1 but none of my JDownload modules are showing in any of the positions i choose them to!

I am using the Protostar template if that is of any use!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Sounds strange!  I am also using Protostar and do not have a problem. Excuse the series of questions but need to try to see what is happening!

1. Do you have a menu item that is jD menu type 'List all categories'?
2. Do you have some of your Downloads and their containing categories that have view Access set to Public?
3.Which particular modules are you trying to use?  The Last Updated module does not show any Download unless you have positively marked it as modified and set the modification date.
4. Which module positions are you using in Protostar? I generally use Right in Protostar, which is position-2. But beware you are not using a position defined in anther template, such as Beez3,  which might also be on your site. For example if you used Right Top which is position-6 in Beez3 then it will not appear in Protostar as its position-6 is Unused
5. Try testing with the jD Stats module in a Protostar module position.

If none of the above help then you would probably need to send me super user login details by PM (click on white 'square' just below my name) so I could identify better.

Colin
Colin M
  •