News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How to Bulk Upload ?

Started by gabriella11, 28.07.2018 08:26:27

Previous topic - Next topic

gabriella11

I searched but couldn't find a tutorial :(

I have over 1200 products with different pricing. Each product have 4/5 images. How should i proceed to upload this in multiple categories in bulk?

Please help.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Uploading the Files and direvtories (Categories) with FTP eg FileZilla. And then manually initiatin auto monitoring is straight forward.  When doing this avoid doing too many at a time as you server might time out say 300 or so at a time should be ok.  Also I would advise setting Automonitoring to No as it could activate in parallel.
I would recommend that you first set up at least the principle Categories and set the appropriate Permissions and view Access levels.  This is because each sub category or Download will then inherit those permissions and access level.

However setting the prices, uploading individual images, descriptions and so on in bulk is not feasible as they are individual to each Download.  That information and links to which image are stored in the database.  If you are ok with directly editting the database then the say the price is easy to add but lnking to a particular image would be more challenging.
Another way would be to use the jD Tools and Download a database backup file.  This can then be edited and re opladed using the Restore tool but you would probably need spe***t software to edit the file
Basically getting the files up is not a problem but the rest is I am afraid a fair degree of work.  If you already have the items in some structured form then we might be able to assist to 'ease' the conversion process.
Colin
Colin M
  •