News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Update 3.2.69 -> 3.9.2 Drama

Started by kiltman, 25.08.2020 23:11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

kiltman

hello
1. after update Jomla to newest ver  3.9.21 php 7.3 and after update jdownloads from version 3.2.69 -> 3.9.2 after eneter to all category with files i got "
Call to undefined method JDHelper::existsCustomFieldsTitles()
"
2. on top of categories i got "
{subheader_title}

{count_of_sub_categories}

3. link on web https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/upgrading-from-jdownloads-3-2-to-3-9 "Please see the article on the Control Panel for more details." -> Control panel -> https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9-beta/getting-started-v3-9/control-panel-overview not working

4. always must add 3+7 and subract 100-10 ? :D
anyone could help with 1 and 2?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
First thanks for pointing out the non working link in the Upgrading document - now fixed.
We have just found that sometimes a database error occurs in the upgrade process if there are some 'irregularites' in the database.  It leads to a partial update. For example ' JDHelper::existsCustomFieldsTitles()' does not exist in 3.9.

We are working on a tutorial on recovering back to 3.2 as jD makes backup copies of your jD3.2 tables.  If you look in the database with phpMyadmin you will see eight extra tables which have a name like "<your-prefix>_jdownloads_categories_backup_3_2_69"
Could you please check.  Also it would be useful to have a copy of the 7 new tables and the 8 additional tables.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi kiltman,
Quote' JDHelper::existsCustomFieldsTitles()'
could it be that you have use the Joomla 'override' functionality in this case?
Please check this.

Have you see that the upgrade process was correct finalized? At the end from the process you should see some informations about this.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The Article desribing how to get back to jD3.2 ishttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/reverting-back-to-jd3-2
Assuming yoyou are using the protostar template, you can see if you have any overrides for jDownloads by going to<your site>/templates/protostar/html/   

Then see if you have a directory called com_jdownloads.  If that directory is present then that shows you do have active overrides.  The actual override itself will be in the same directorty structure as the php file being overriden.
For example if we wished to modify the way a Download Details view processes say handle a new placeholder then the modified default.php file would be placed in<your site>/templates/protostar/html/com_jdownloads/views/download/tmpl/
or in general<your site>/templates/<your-active-template./html/com_jdownloads/views/download/tmpl/

Colin
Colin M
  •  

kiltman

Hello Colin
First do you get my tables backup? because i do not see my post with them?

I check and i have directory <my_active_template>/html/com_jdownloads/ but structrure is quite different than you mention. In my com_jdownloads dir i have categories, category, downloads, and summary directory directly. In all mentioned above directory i have default.php file and in category i have also index.html.

except downgrade, I completely do not understand  what should i do for fix the fault. If you have solution would you describe it more clearly?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
To help further it would help to see your site but do not post anything here as it is public.

I will send you a private message (PM)
Colin
Colin M
  •