News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

must try everyone!

Started by stingleya, 22.03.2011 18:06:00

Previous topic - Next topic

stingleya

tired of slow internet? follow these steps to get a fast internet experience!

1.   Go to desktop->
My computer-(right click on)->properties->
then go HARDWARE tab->
Device manager->
Now u see a window of Device manager then
go to Ports->
Communication Port(double click on it and Open).
After open u can see a Communication Port properties.
Go the Port Setting:----and now increase your "Bits per second" to 128000 and "Flow control" change to Hardware.
Apply and see the result.
2.   click START > RUN > type  gpedit.msc
go to local computer policy > administrative templates > network > QOS PACKET SCHEDULER > double click LIMIT RESERVABLE BANDWIDTH , it will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab
click enable then set the value of bandwidth to "0" ZERO.
3.   click START > RUN > type  gpedit.msc
go to local computer policy > administrative templates > network > QOS PACKET SCHEDULER > background intelligent transfer service > double click MAXIMUM NETWORK BANDWIDTH THAT BITS USES (BITS - Binary Intelligent Transfer Service, BITS uses HTTP. BITS downloads files using the standard Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and requires Internet Information Server (IIS) to be running on the server that serves the files. HTTP packets pass more easily through firewalls, which makes BITS a good choice for getting files from the Internet.)
choose enabled
limit bits transfer rate to ?0?
from 12:00am
to 12:00am
check use all available bandwidth
4.   now for the last part
go to start>run>regedit>then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters

right click anywhere in the right side of the window then select NEW DWORD, then input the dword name, after the new registry entry is made, double click it and input the dword value.

Don?t mess with these! CASE SENSITIVE!
dword name-SackOpts dword value-00000001
dword name-TcpWindowSize dword value-0005ae4c
dword name-Tcp1323Opts dword value-00000003
dword name-DefaultTTL dword value-00000040
dword name-EnablePMTUBHDetect dword value-00000000
dword name-EnablePMTUDiscovery dword value-00000001
dword name-GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize dword value-0005ae4c

Works best in windows xp GOOD LUCK!

phonegeek

I guess it wouldn't hurt if I gave it a shot. I'll tell you what if I see any improved results.  :)
  •  

sahet1989

Thanks for the tips, will do and hopefully see faster internet speeds.  ;D
  •  

bundlejan

Looks very interesting. Will give it a shot. Thanks!

da code

Hello,

Could you explain what it is supposed to do, on which operating systems, and why all the replies so far seems to be very happy with that...

Everyone say they would give it a go, but no one comes with a feedback... Maybe they just crashed their computers trying to copy and paste the code provided ?

Thanks and Merry Christmas nonetheless !
Studio de webdesign nantais, création de sites internet open source avec Joomla!
  •  

ljsheng83

Hi,

First of all, Merry Xmas.

Wanna ask: Is that this stuff best for Win 7 too rather than xp?  ???

Thanks.  ::)

•  

annie_ngai

I am yet to try out this tips. But does this apply to window 7 or other operating system?

nickahummer

Sounds risky. :-\ I'm not trying it.
  •  

Tfrompunchy

Yeah, this sounds suspicious. I wouldn't take the chance either.  :-\
  •  

scrambleeggs

Really useful ....Thank! I am going to give it a shot now ;D

nirmalj

I have tried this thing in Win 7 and it works marginally.Actually,I got these commands from support staff of my Internet connection provider.While editing the system file, be sure to keep a back up copy if u r nt sure abt anything.
  •  

jeremywales

I'm not taking the risk.  :-\ TS should post more details as to what operating system he's referring to.
  •  

romka123

It is something new i will try and will post resolt
thank you any way
  •  

faye2012

has anyone tried this?
  •