News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How to Set Preview Screenshot on file Detail page?

Started by beyond, 14.07.2015 06:38:59

Previous topic - Next topic

beyond

Hi,

I have this file:
http://www.gradtutors.com/exampapers/category/51-secondary-school

And I would like to display a preview image screenshot. How can I do that?

I read the instruction on "Files Data" > "Preview File" but I dun know how to do it on the layout detail page.

Please assist. Thanks.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have 'registered' on your site so I could see what is the problem.  You have obviously added a suitable picture to the Download.  When I tested actually downloading it went directly to the Summary View, not the Detailed View.
In order to show the Detail View, which will show any image associated with the download, you need to set Configuration - Front End tab field 'View Download detail page?' to Yes.  But the Detail page will only appear if you click on the Title.  The attached pdf shows the relationships between various Configuration settings in this respect. 

The Download button itself may be removed by editing a copy of the Files Layout and removing the {url_download} placeholder.
To see more on editing layouts the following article may help
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/editing-a-layout

Hope this helps

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

beyond

I tried to activate detail page and direct downloading.

But there is error:
Table 'gradtuto_database.xxx_contact_details' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT a.file_id, a.asset_id, a.file_title, a.file_alias, a.description, a.description_long, a.file_pic, a.images, a.price, a.release, a.file_language, a.system, a.license, a.url_license, a.license_agree, a.size, a.url_download, a.preview_filename, a.other_file_id, a.md5_value, a.sha1_value, a.extern_file, a.extern_site, a.mirror_1, a.mirror_2, a.extern_site_mirror_1................................................

Also, I use pay per download extension. So, does it matter?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Which 'pay per download' extension do you mean?  Was it the old jDownloads or ratmills one for earlier jD systems? Or is it another one?
You can use AlphaUser Points to make into a pay per download scheme.

There is another way to get to Download Details by including the {link_to_details} in you layout.

If you tell me which Files layout you are using then I will show what needs editing
For example with "Standard Files Layout without Checkboxes v2.5"  there are lines near the top
      <td width="25%">
          <p align="center">{url_download}</p>
      </td>

Add in the {link_to_details} placeholder as below just before the {url _download} one
      <td width="25%">
          <p align="center">{link_to_details} {url_download}</p>
      </td>

Also need to set "View Download detail page?" to Yes in Config- Frontend Tab

Colin
Colin M
  •