News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

error after installation: Upload root folder not exist

Started by bootpass, 05.05.2014 14:48:08

Previous topic - Next topic

bootpass

Hello

how to fix this problem

Error! Upload root directory %s does not exist.

Please create it with an ftp program such as FileZilla and use that to set the directories access right to CHMOD 0755 - otherwise jDownloads will not work. See FAQ for more on setting file access rights.

Thanks
  •  

Arno

Hi,
Quotehow to fix this problem
Do what the message says.

Have you after installation process not reads the install results message? It seems, that he installation script could not create the folders for jDownloads. Deinstall jD and try it new.

When you check the jD configuration must be writable this folders (see pic)

And use next time not a title like only: error   >:(

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

bootpass

Hello

sorry for the title

I tried to set the directories like on your screenshot but I located the error below

My directory are 755
my file / jDownloads and root of my site
it attached a screenshot

QuoteErreur
Error! Can not rename folder: jdownloads/

When I create a new category I have the following error
I do not have an error in one of my tables quis would corrupt

I just installed the 3.2.3 beta but same problem

Thank you for your help

Quote1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 SQL=UPDATE GOAL_jdownloads_categories SET lft = lft + 2 WHERE lft >

Joomla 3.3
Php 5.4
Hosting 1and1

•  

Arno

Send me login data for your backend via PM - i think your installation process was not correct. Your hints confuse me and helped not really.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
the installation from jDownloads was not succesful and seems destroyed.
You should try this:
- deinstall jDownloads
- delete the subfolder jdownloads in your joomla folder
- delete with phpmyadmin all 'newer created jDownloads tables' in your DB (but not tables which are named like '...backup')
- but be careful with this tables, when you have older data which you will import later again
- install afterwards jDownloads again, but make a screenshot from the installation results message and post this here.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

bootpass

Hello

php my admin tables here I have (I can not find bakup tables)
lesquel do I remove

thank you

•  

Arno

I have not an idea, what you have done to get this DB result.  ???
You have now the old and the new tables complete muddled - this can not work.

- You need a database backup from the early installed jDownloads version 1.9.x. When you can not find it, you must all the downloads create new again in the new 3.2 version.
- i have your above alraedy written what you shall do

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

bootpass

Hello

thank you for your patience,

1 - I uninstall jdownload
2 - I remove all the tables (I have a backup from a Version 1.9.2.10)
3 - I install the 3.2.3 version available on the site

Here is the result

•  

Arno

I can your not say what exactly is wrong in your Joomla installation or your server settings.
Perhaps are your MySQL settings to small for the jD installation. So it can be useful to activate the debug option in your Joomla config for the installation process (to get more error messages).

Normally should you see after installation a message like this (see pic from Joomla 2.5 installation process).

Fact is that nobody else has the described problems. So it seems for me not really to be a jDownloads problem.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

bootpass

I started in debug mode to try to find what's wrong.
here is the error message

may be you'll understand me

•  

Arno

This are not important errors and can not be the problem.
But why have you not posted here the complete jDownloads results page? I see only the top from the jD Symbol...

You must deinstall first jD (and delete the db tables again) before you can start a new test!!!!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

bootpass

Here the screen

what seems to me surprising despite uninstalling it still considers me misa date and not new installation

my table are simply remove or otherwise there is a me that an Escape
table jdownloads_

thanks

•  

Arno

Sorry, but this is the scrren from a update, not from a fresh installation process....

it seems for me the easist way when you send me login data for your phpmyadmin and for your backend... 
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

YOU SHOULD NOT PUBLISH HERE LOGIN DATA  ??? ::)

Use the private message function...

By the way, the login data for 1&1 does it not.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

bootpass

salvation did you find the problem and if so what was the problem
  •