News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Maximum upload size - doesn't work

Started by OldShaterhan, 28.03.2018 22:56:54

Previous topic - Next topic

OldShaterhan

Hey,

I have changed jDownloads maximum file size to 30 MBs. Server max size is 2 GB (2048M). Unfortunately, when I try to add new file I'm getting message that maximum size of new file is 1024 KB. What could be wrong? How to fix it?

Greetings,
OldShaterhan
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The limits are being sett by your web server through its php settings.

You can override the ones set by your web server by using a file called php.ini paced in your Joomla root directory

In my case I use a php.ini file with contents as below
date.timezone = "Europe/London"
allow_url_fopen= On
max_filesize= 115M
upload_max_filesize=115M
post_max_size=117M
output_buffering = Off

There are three which control the file upload size max_filesize, upload_max_filesize and post_max_size.  Note post_max_size needs to be bigger than upload_max_filesize.  There are a lot of web articles describing php.ini files.  Also consult your web hosting service.
If you want to set the default time zone then set date.timezone with the string appropriate to your area I am located in the UK.
You can see your present settings in the Joomla! Systems System Settings - PHP settings, or even better if you have a cPanel controlled web site see the PHP seetings in there.
You can also see them on the jD control panel - server tab

Colin
Also see
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/how-can-i-upload-larger-files?category_id=29
Colin M
  •  

OldShaterhan

But, as I mentioned, server max size (shown e.g. in uploading place) says, that max size is 2 GB, so php.ini config looks to be prepared properly.

Additionaly, uploading via admin site works properly, but using main site - not.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Just for clarity could you advise what version of Joomla, jDownloads and PHP are being used please
Colin
EDIT I have just sent you a PM
Colin M
  •  

Arno

@ OldShaterhan
You have checked the upload limits for your user group in the jDownloads user groups settings?
See Pic.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

OldShaterhan

@Arno no one has limit sets, additionally I'm working on account with full privileges.

@Colin, I will respond in few minutes.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Each user group has different settings in jD.  I normally suggest that people create a user group call say Uploader with Registered as its Parent.  Then any user you want to give the ability to create and edit Downloads is joined as a member of that UG.

In Users Groups Setting tab if you click on one of the User Groups then you will see additional settings relating to use in the Front End.
Specifically in the Group Creation/Editing Settings tab there are fields to say what type of files may be uploaded and also the maximum size.  Please also note the significance of the Ranking value in the left hand panel
For more information you might find the following helpful
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/introduction-to-user-group-settings
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-user-group-is-used

Colin
Colin M
  •