News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

No downloads have currently been created.

Started by h007, 15.08.2016 19:53:10

Previous topic - Next topic

h007

hi

the users get (No downloads have currently been created.) at list my download menu

just i (super user) can see the downloads , user cant see their downloads and get this notification (No downloads have currently been created.)

i am using Standard Files Layout v3.2
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is almost certain a Joomla! view Access or Permission problem.
Have you seen the documentation in
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/access-controls-and-user-group-permissions

The Joomla! Permissions system is 'challenging' when you first look at it!.
Are all Downloads to be available to all users? Or are some Downloads to be available only to logged on users?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

h007

no no users can download any file ...there is no problem in downloading

just when registered user downloads a file or several files ..she /he makes a history or a list .....and she/he must has a history or list of her.his latest downloads...but he or she get (No downloads have currently been created.) at list my download menu....

i have a question

is list my download menu for latest uploaded files or latest downloaded files by users?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I understand your confusion over the English.
The List My Download menu item only lists those Downloads that were created by that user, it does not list those Downloads that the user has downloaded.  Here the "My" in 'List My Downloads' is used in the sense of ownership.

Please see http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/menus-overview where this is noted.  I will revise to emphasize a bit better.

And before you ask jD does not keep a list of who has downloaded what.  But it is recorded in the log file and you can set up to get emails for every download, and upload.
Colin M
  •  

h007

i got that now....

the admin of this site changed of your function to history of latest downloaded files by changing and adding some codes....

you can try that after longing and downloading....

i think its good idea...

best regards
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad it sorted out what 'list my downloads' is doing.
I do not understand but I think you are making a suggestion.
Quotethe admin of this site changed of your function to history of latest downloaded files by changing and adding some codes....
Could you explain a little more please
Colin
Colin M
  •  

h007

sorry colinm i forgot the site:
//joomlashare.org//

you must try it...they are using jdownloads and aup.....when a user downloads a file ...it comes to list my download menu

they have changed the default function of list my download menu from upload to only list of latest download
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for link.  The items you refer to are listed are by the jD "Most Recently Downloaded" module.  This does allow showing the name of the user who downloaded it.  It gets the information by analysing the log file. It only has to analyse a few entries.  It does not get from a list of all users who have downloaded a particular Download.  Such a list could be extremely large!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

h007

no the menu gives to you just your latest downloads....not all downloads or other downloads...your downloaded file goes to the list my download after buying and downloading a file....and it doesn't related to module....

in other words

this menu gives to users the latest downloaded files list not uploaded or created by user.....just her/his downloads....

its better you try that and see the performance of that.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Please see attached pic.

All the items are regular jDownloads modules.  In the Recent Downloads module jD finds the user name by analysing the log file
Please see http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/modules-and-plugins
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

h007

no no
you must check the menu not module

after loging go to this link
//joomlashare.org/profile/my-downloads//

please see my pic

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
OK I see the menu item you mean.  And I can see why you may have thought there were code changes.  Let me explain what has occurred.

First by way of background In jDownloads terms a Download maybe be thought of as being in two parts: first the actual file that is downloaded, and secondly the related information such as description, image, and other information including the 'owner' or creator.  Also note that the file may be located on a different server.  The 'information' part occupies just a relatively small amount of space and is mostly in the database.

So what they have done is to make a copy of the information part of the Download with a change to the creator and put it in a different category.  The actual downloadable file stays in the same place on a different server.  They have also set the price field to zero so you can download multiple times.

For example the original download link of the item I downloaded was
<a href="/extensions/summary/170-softwares/374-artisteer" title="Download" class="btn btn-Download jsmall">Download</a>

However after purchasing the Download the location of the Download in the My Downloads listing is now
<a href="/profile/my-downloads/summary/170-softwares/374-artisteer" title="Download" class="jdbutton  jsmall">Download</a>

To repeat the scheme implemented  is in effect creating a copy of the original Download database entry with changes to its category,  its ownership and its price.  So now it is my Download.  The main downloadable file remains where it was on another server. Also the location of the associated image remains unchanged.
This is a very clever and well thought out use of the standard jDownloads facilities.  But there are no code changes to jDownloads itself but of course they have a very good understanding of how jD works.

Colin

Colin
Colin M
  •  

h007

ok i got

their policy or their purpose is giving ultimate accessing to users for downloaded files to updating them....

i mean if you buy a file from that site ...you will  have access for new version of file..it is their policy that they dont want to hide the location of the file while we want..

ok...thank you...
it was just a idea or demo to having a menu to her/ his latest download for every user

thank you colinm
  •