News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Migration is a Headache... Goodluck -OMG - Migration to 3.2 - NO PUBLIC ACCESS

Started by knackjack, 04.03.2015 00:28:39

Previous topic - Next topic

knackjack

??? DUMFOUNDED AS TO WHY I CANNOT ENABLE PUBLIC DOWNLOAD ACCESS.

Global config permissions for jdownloads > download is set to enabled.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
have you read the documentation about permission settings and how you can check it?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

knackjack

I have read some but have been at this for two hours now.....

I would be grateful if you can give me the needed information to solve my problemo.
  •  

Arno

i know that the Joomla permission structure is not so easy.
But the best way to find a problem is to use the debug option as described here:
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/show-permissions-overview
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

knackjack

following that to a T.....

Public access for download is GREEN

so if I understand the permission it should work... but it does not when you are in public mode.
  •  

Arno

please send me login data for your backend via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Okay. It seems that in your case exist not for every jDownloads item (category/Download) a correct data set in the joomla assets table.
Maybe the result from a broken import process from the older jD series?
See pic - you have only a few items which have valid permission settings.

Hm... give me a few minutes...

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

1. please set higher this php settings: Memory limit (memory_limit):    64M   ->128 or more.
2. you have nothing writes about how you have created the Downloads in your jDownloads
3. you have 103 Downloads but only for four from this exist valid permission settings
4. so you must open and save (without to change anything) every 'Download' to get this required settings.

I can you not say what was the exactly reason that this settings was not stored early in the assets table. But i think it was the result from a broken import process from an older jD series.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

knackjack

change what?

also I cannot get the ordering by date either causes bunch of errors.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Arno is saying that from the backend access every download as if you were going to edit it but just do a Save.  In Joomla! permissions Cascade down through the categories and their sub categories, and down to the 'Downloads'.   It really is helpful to take the time to check out the permissions.  I suggest you use the debug mode as explained in the article and check the permissions of say a top category, then see the calculated permissions of the first level of sub categories and so on until you get to the downloads.

After that then I would anticipate your ordering problem will disappear.

Before starting with the above I would suggest you turn off caching and clear both the Joomla cache and your browsers cache.  A plugin called RokBooster also causes problems due to caching.  If you have it then disable it and ensure you clean both admin and site caches.  In Extension Manager check Database, Warnings and Languages.

Hope this helps

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Quote from: knackjack on 04.03.2015 02:06:00
change what?

also I cannot get the ordering by date either causes bunch of errors.
Sorry but we can you not really help when all your answers and questions are so very small.
So we need always detailed informations (when useful also with screenshots).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •