News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

editor-xtd button

Started by weissenborn.markus, 17.11.2014 22:29:05

Previous topic - Next topic

weissenborn.markus

Hello,

I have installed the newest Version to Joomla 3.3.6 and it runs except of the known Content Plugin missing.
But I have read in the release note that there should be an editor-xtd button.
But my jce is not showing it an the plug in list at back end only Shows:
system-jdownloads
search-jdownloads
example-jdownloads

Any Idea where it is gone or what to do? reinstall?

Thanx
Markus
  •  

Arno

Hi,
you have installed directly version 3.2.16 or have you only updated to the last one.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

weissenborn.markus

Hi,

I have had Version 1.9 installed and removed it completely, including plugins, from my site.
Than I installed 3.2.16 using the old data and the Migration Option after installing. All this according to the Migration guide in the documentation area.
All Docs and  Downloads have been preserved, only the button isn't visible.

Best regards

Markus
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Assume you hasve looked in the Plugins manager to see if it is present. Also of course you may need to enable it.
If not there then Could you try Extension Manager - Discover to see if that finds the plugin.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

weissenborn.markus

Tank you for the reply.
Extension Manager - Discover Shows nothing.
Manage extensions Shows the following.

Best regards
Markus

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The button link does not have jDownloads in its title!  Apologies for not telling you :(  - it is one of the buttons and is called 'Button - Download Link'. Please see first pic BtnExtd01.png

If it is not there then next look at your web site with an 'explorer' -your cPanel, an ftp link or one of the Joomla explorer components.
You should find it in the editors-xtd folder.
The code for the plugin is in directory  <your-site>/plugins/editors-xtd/downloadlink
The contents of that directory are shown in pic BtnExtd02.png

So if you cannot find it in Extensions - Manager and the code looks like it is in the directory then the Discover should find it and allow you to Install it.  Basically Discover finds those items that are in one of the 'install' locations but are not in the database.  This provides a mechanism to do manual installs.

Please let us know where you get to with this
Colin

Colin M
  •  

weissenborn.markus

Yeah !
This was a the solution, jdownloads is not part of the Name. OK.
But now, where i have aktivated the button, I am a Little bit confused about the result:

the window content is some kind of a normal joomla page, showing the component in a modal window.
What I am missing is a possibility to choose a file.
I am only able to click on one of the normal component buton/links an then the document opens.
It is not transfering the link to the Editor as it was in the former 1.9 Version.

Markus
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The sequence should be as in the attached set of pictures. Not sure of how you got what you showed.  Hope I am not missing anything
Colin

Colin M
  •  

weissenborn.markus

Hi,

thank you for the answer.
I now have taken further investigations and targeted the problem a bit further.
There are differences in the Editor Button between the frontend and the backend.
The backend button delivers the functionality as you are describing.
The frontend button only shows the listview similar to a normal browsing window when diving down the categories. Here, one is not able to make a choice.
Even the button Images have differences:
Back End Button

which leeds to

and

Front End Button

which leeds to

Best regards
Markus

By the way: since I am a native german speaker, my english may lack some elaboration  ;)
  •  

Arno

Hi.
QuoteThere are differences in the Editor Button between the frontend and the backend.
Seems that you have maybe find a bug.
I will test it more at this weekend. Possible that you must change the editor settings to get it in frontend? I will seen...
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Arno
I would confirm that if one edits an article in the front page you basically get a category list view.  This can take you to a downloadable file which you can download whilst in the editor! :(

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

This bug is fixed in 3.2.17.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •