News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Remove Tooltip

Started by xCHRISTIANPAULx, 21.09.2014 15:27:57

Previous topic - Next topic

xCHRISTIANPAULx

Hello. I just need some assistance on how can I remove the tooltip on the sort files in the category like name, author, date and hits. Thanks in advance.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Presume you mean removing the tool tip as shown in the attached pic.  Will check out but think the problem is that solution might turn off all front end tool tips
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

xCHRISTIANPAULx

Yes. That's exactly what I wanted to be removed. I don't have any other tool tips from the site so I guess it won't really have any issues to remove it from all the sites. Can you help me out please?  ;D
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Will try to resolve - will be later as actually I am away at present
ColinM
Colin M
  •  

xCHRISTIANPAULx

Sure. Thanks for looking for into this for me.  ;D
  •  

xCHRISTIANPAULx

Any update on this?  :D
  •  

xCHRISTIANPAULx

Hello. Do we have any updates on getting the tooltip removed on the jdownloads? thanks.. :D
  •  

Arno

Hi,
sorry for the delay.

It exist at this moment not any special options for the Tooltip view.
So we can nothing do here. It is also not useful to change it (only for you) in the source code from your page. With the next update would it overwritten.

So i will move your wish in the suggestion category.

Maybe can we in a later version add this option.
But please note that jDownloads has currently more then 300 option settings.

Edit: maybe find Colin a other solution (css file?)  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

amir777

Hi,

The problem with tooltip for Order is that it serves no function other than explaining the very obvious meaning of each Order criteria.

Regards,
Amir
  •  

Arno

Quote from: amir777 on 22.10.2014 17:43:58
Hi,

The problem with tooltip for Order is that it serves no function other than explaining the very obvious meaning of each Order criteria.

Regards,
Amir

So we should remove the tooltips in this case complete?
Hm... i will check it.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If you include the following in jdownloads_fe.css then you will turn off all tool tips in front end of jDownloads (.tooltip-inner is for Joomla 3.x and .tip is for Joomla 2.5). You can get to the css file via the Layouts page.

.tooltip-inner,
.tip {
   display: none;
   } 

Colin
Sorry for delay but I was sidetracked by other issues - which really means it slipped my memory!!
Colin M
  •  

xCHRISTIANPAULx

that's okay. i totally forgot about this too until today.  ;D

i appreciate the help Colin. i will try this and let you know if it works.
  •