News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Possible Conflict with roksprocket - Solved!

Started by imcolpc, 26.07.2022 18:14:40

Previous topic - Next topic

imcolpc

When the plugin is ACTIVE, this disables the ability to save a roksprocket module.

Error;Invalid JSON data Uncaught Exception: UNHANDLED ERROR [8] Undefined property: Joomla\CMS\Table\Module:PATH/plugins/system/jdownloads/jdownloads.php:270 [0] File: /PATH/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Ajax.php Line: 149
Any information to fix this would be appreciated...

jDownloads Version 3.9.7.3
PHP Version    7.4.30
Joomla! 3.10.10 Stable
  •  

ColinM

Hmm!
Strange Lines 269 and 270 are
        // Check that we have really the jD settings
        if ($table->element != 'com_jdownloads') return;
so if the plugin was activated by other than jD then it should exit

Will look further

Colin
Colin M
  •  

imcolpc

Yes, I thought so too ...
it doesnt make much sense...
But thank you for the fast reply and I look forward to what you can find.
  •  

Arno

Hi imcolpc,
QuotejDownloads Version 3.9.7.3
PHP Version    7.4.30
You should update to the latest jD version. Or are there special circumstances why you have not done it so far? In the meantime, we have also released two important security updates, among others.
Also the support for your old PHP version will be end in a few months. So you should contact your hoster for a server upgrade to 8.0 or 8.1.

About your error, I check this at this moment.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Please install the updated plugin below and try it then again. Post here your result. Thanks.

By the way, the rok plugin/module seems to be not compatible with PHP 8 (see pic). I could only test it on this version today.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

imcolpc

Arno,
yes I am aware of updates, the site with the issue is in development.
I had hoped to resolve this issue rather than go to production knowing there is an issue.
What is the current production site, upgrading will definitely break some things so I was holding off until.
If the only resolve is to upgrade all, than I am willing to roll the dice and put into production. However I do not have a deadline
and figured would try to address before if possible.

ALSO thank you for the new plugin... That seems to have worked.!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
thanks for the info. So I will publish it with the next update.

Yes, it is always a good idea to try a bigger upgrade first on a special test website.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •