News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

I'm facing two issues with jDownloads that needs help to solve

Started by ibrahim, 11.02.2022 04:33:08

Previous topic - Next topic

ibrahim

Dear Colin & Arno! I'm facing two issues with jDownloads that needs help to solve.

1. When adding a new item it will not get an ID until opening it on the front-end and then press refresh, here will be redirected to 404 and the item will get an ID and next time opening will be corrected.

---------------------
2. The patch to make a copy of the item to another category as below:
Copy without assigned File
Copy with assigned File
Copy and reference the File from its original Download

Will always be sent to page:
An error has occurred. 1062 Duplicate entry '1393' for key 'PRIMARY'

An example: if you look at downloads there are a few items and want to make a Copy and reference of them to a category named New Free Templates

# I have made a test site with log in to FTP, SQL and Administrator that will PM you now.

Best regards,
Ibrahim
  •  

Arno

Hi Ibrahim,
you can send us the data.

But please note that last time I unfortunately noticed that some database tables of jDownloads had obviously been modified manually. Also the new problem descriptions unfortunately point to this again. Unfortunately it is almost impossible for us to help in such cases. But you could try to repair all tables of jDownloads with the corresponding functions of phpmyadmin. Maybe this will help. I am also happy to test the features you mentioned one more time. But of course only on a "clean" installed jDownloads test system.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ibrahim

Dear Arno! Thanks for the quick response.
The database has never been manually modified, I will try to repair it by PHPMyAdmin. Which data do you need because I already sent in PM log in to FTP, Database & Administrator.

Is both issue from the database I mean:
1. patch to make a copy of the item to another category.
2. adding a new item it will not get an ID until opening it on the front-end and then press refresh.

One more thing about which features you mean?
  •  

Arno

Hi Ibrahim,
QuoteThe database has never been manually modified
I mean the original database which I had checked some months ago. This structure and content was not what I expected. And it was also not possible to reproduce it to this time.

But whatever, I will check your issues here again.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ibrahim

Hello Arno! I have sent you on pm, thanks for looking at it.
  •  

ibrahim

Hello Arno! I have tried to repair tables on PHPMyAdmin but getting (The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair), also tried to install the example data from jDownloads: Tools but the item will be added without an ID is 0 until opening on the front-end and making refresh after its getting an ID. Even if I install jDownloads again still the same problem with the new creating download or making any patch.
All tests I did it's on localhost so the information that was sent before didn't do change anything on it.

On the backup site that was sent on PM, there are just a few downloads so it will be easier for you to find the problem.
  •