News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Upgrade - Content Plugin Broken

Started by idfake, 26.08.2020 09:46:57

Previous topic - Next topic

idfake

Hey,

after the upgrade to 3.9 i got "Error installing component": "Duplicate column name 'id'".

After that, when accesing the site i get "     1054 Unknown column 'a.title' in 'field list' ". I traced it down to the Content plugin. When i remove the few  {jd_file file==xxx}
the site works again.
  •  

ColinM

HiGlad that you got you site going.  As you say it looks like a Content Plugin problem with your site which we will fix

There is currently a problem if there is a database error in the upgrade.  Typically it does not give a sucessful message as you found.eg you got  "Error installing component": "Duplicate column name 'id'".
During the upgrade jD makes backup copies of the existing jD3.2  database tables these typically have a name like
"<your-prefix>_jdownloads_categories_backup_3_2_69". 
There should be 8 extra  tables with appropriate names - could you check with phpMyadmin please.
We are writing a tutorial on reverting back to jD3.2
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
can it be that you use jDownloads only with the jDownloads content plugin?
What is your MySQL  and PHP version?
Had you started the upgrade from a 3.2 version or had you already installed previously a 3.9 beta release?

The problem is that we can not reproduce this database errors here.

Edit:
Please check the pic below. Could you send me the log text via PM?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

idfake

Unfortunately even the Control Panel gives me errors. Can you tell me, where to find the log in the Database?
Joomla is 3.9.21, PHP 7.3, MariaDB 10.3.23. I haven't had a beta version of jD installed. jD prior to update was the last 3.2. 

@ColinM: The 8 backup tables are present.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
this error is the same as I have see it by another user.
When you send me login data for your phpmyadmin and your backend via PM I can try to fix it manually.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

idfake

Unfortunately this is not possible.
But i'd be more than willing to execute the commands myself via the console. If you don't want to put that information in public, you could also PM me.

That said, there's no real need for you to fix my stuff. Thanks for the offer though. I just restored the backup.
If you want someone to test fixes i'd be happy to help.
  •  

Arno

This issue should be solved with latest release.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •