News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Smart Search

Started by jolof, 23.04.2023 16:20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

jolof

Hello!
I have updated to jDownloads 4.0.26 Stable
I'm trying to implement Smart Search, it finds files and libraries , BUT the links I get don't work "404 Page not found".
The path I get e.g. to a category: index.php/component/jdownloads/category/45-2006-2009?highlight=WyIyMDA2LTIwMDkiXQ==&Itemid=1288
And to a file it becomes: index.php/component/jdownloads/download/38-publik/332-maklarinformation-230324?highlight=WyJtXHUwMGU0a2xhcmluZm9ybWF0aW9uIl0=&Itemid=1288
What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, my English is not good, hope you understand.
  •  

Tazzios

What if you disable 'Highlight Search Terms' in smart search options?
Maybe jdownloads does not like the extra parameter in the url.

Or, easier, remove 'highlight=WyJtXHUwMGU0a2xhcmluZm9ybWF0aW9uIl0=&' from your file url manually.

jolof

Hi and thanks!
It made the link look better BUT I still have the links I get not working "404 Page not found"
The link now became: index.php/component/jdownloads/download/38-publik/332-maklarinformation-230324.html?Itemid=1288
instead of: index.php/component/jdownloads/download/38-publik/332-maklarinformation-230324 ?highlight=WyJtXHUwMGU0a2xhcmluZm9ybWF0aW9uIl0=&Itemid=1288

This came up in the everything log, if that means anything:
#
#<?php die('Forbidden.'); ?>
#Date: 2023-04-26 11:48:58 UTC
#Software: Joomla! 4.3.0 Stable [ Bora ] 18-April-2023 16:00 GMT

#Fields: datetime   priority clientip   category   message
2023-04-26T11:48:58+00:00   CRITICAL 13.49.78.24   error   Uncaught Throwable of type Joomla\CMS\Router\Exception\RouteNotFoundException thrown with message "Page not found". Stack trace: #0 [ROOT]\libraries\src\Application\SiteApplication.php(746): Joomla\CMS\Router\Router->parse(Object(Joomla\CMS\Uri\Uri), true)
#1 [ROOT]\libraries\src\Application\SiteApplication.php(232): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->route()
#2 [ROOT]\libraries\src\Application\CMSApplication.php(293): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()
#3 [ROOT]\includes\app.php(61): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()
#4 [ROOT]\index.php(32): require_once('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...')
#5 {main}
  •  

ColinM

Hi
What version of Joomla are you using? There seems to be a 'challenge' with Joomla 4.3.0 and Categories

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jolof

Hi and thanks!
Yes, I have Joomla! 4.3.0 Stable, should I just wait and hope it works out?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes please wait as getting compatibility with latest Joomla is obviously important.  But I have noted that there are seveal reports of bugs with J4.3.0 so there may be a revison by the Joomla team!!!

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jolof

•  

Arno

This problem seems to have nothing to do with jDownloads. Therefore, it will be moved.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Kvoo

I have a similar issue. Smart search works for every other Plugin, but jDownloads results lead to a 404 error.

If I compare the result URL from the old Search plugin to smart search:

Old Search: http://intranet/index.php/component/jdownloads/?task=download.send&id=2841&catid=18&m=0&Itemid=101
Smart Search: http://intranetdev/index.php/component/jdownloads/download/151-social-engineering/1376-se-2016-v1-00?highlight=WyJ0ZXN0Il0=&Itemid=1200

The URL seems to be not generated right. Does anyone have a solution?

•  

jolof

In Global Configuration in the SEO group I changed Search Engine Friendly URLs to no, then it worked for me.
  •