News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Sorry - Thumbnails - where to put hem?

Started by tredelijkheid, 11.08.2014 18:11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

tredelijkheid

I have searched the forum inernally but could not find an answer to my question.

Initially I wanted to automaticaly generate thumbs for my PDF files.
This is quite a challenge because I have to install serveral products (like ImageMagick).
I am running Joomla on a Synology NAS server at home.

So I have decided to do the generation of thumbs manually and place the .PGG or .PNG files into the right directory using FTP.
There is a thumbnails folder in /images/jdownloads/thumbnails. I can see that the files are there but they do not show up on my frontend?

There is one post in the forum suggesting to use other cases (uppercase and lowercase) with the filenames but this did not work either.
Any suggestiions?

Must be doing something wrong....
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteSo I have decided to do the generation of thumbs manually and place the .PGG or .PNG files into the right directory using FTP.
This is not a good idea as it exist at the moment not any option, to select thumbnails from the server for a Download.  :-\ ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

tredelijkheid

Arno,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Maybe I was not very clear, but I want to do the conversion and upload the thumbs all by my self, so manyally, by hand?
Basically what Jdownloads does automatically but then do it myself?

The only thing i need to know is where to put my generated thumbs. So which folder on my server?

Thanks again...
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thumbnails are stored in <root>/images/jdownloads/screenshots/thumbnails  They must have same name as main image file in the screenshots directory.  Whilst you can directly upload thumbnails you cannot directly upload the main images in screenshots as they are registered in the database tables.
Colin
Colin M
  •