News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Layout questions

Started by dioriver, 15.01.2019 10:00:19

Previous topic - Next topic

dioriver

Is it possible to override the component templates? I need to modify the output of the categories page so that the files in the category display in a table with rows and column with one file per cell. There does not seem to be a good way to do this based on the Layout Manager. Does the Layout Managers support including any php? If not I think I need to override the view in my custom joomla template directory. The reason is I need a while loop or some structure that says.

Topic title changed by admin
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Just need to clear up a couple of things so I can better understand.

• The layouts in the Categories section is only used to show all the top level categoriues
  • The layouts in the Category section on show a single Category
  • The Paginated Categories layouts are used when there are several categories (in jd3.9 which we are working on is cleare in this respect)
  • When ever a Download is displayed then it is the active Files Layout that is used.
So what I think you are wanting is a multi column Files Layout ( in jD 3.9 these layouts are in the Downloads layout section)This can be readily done uss CSS as demonstrated in the examples below.NB to edit layouts please first read articlehttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/editing-a-layout
The easiest way to do this is to create your own files layout based on one of the standard layouts, which in this example I have used below is files layout "Files link only v3.2".The main body of this layout has the code
<div class = "jd_files_oneline" style="">{file_title}{release}{pic_is_new}{pic_is_hot}{pic_is_updated} </div>Using that as the active layout gives as shoewn in the first pic.This is not very tidy and it will not be organised in nice columns!But if we make a copy anfd then edit the copy to have say for 3 coulmns<div class = "jd_files_oneline" style="width: 30%;">{file_title}{release}{pic_is_new}{pic_is_hot}{pic_is_updated}</div> Then the output as in the second pic - one could add more information.In the third pic I added text-align: center;
Quote<div class = "jd_files_oneline" style="width:30%; text-align:center;">{file_title}{release}{pic_is_new}{pic_is_hot}{pic_is_updated}</div>
Hope the above helps.  Should you need more info then please ask!!Colin

PS Although used in articles article in http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles-and-modules might alsoi be helpfull
Colin M
  •