News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

license agreement in a lightbox/popup

Started by Chrisss, 11.06.2015 10:17:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisss

hi!  

is it possible to put the license agreement in a lightbox to pop over the download-page?

thanks for any tips!

c
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Do you really mean a light box, which normally deals with pictures?  Or do you mean a popup that will allow a user to read the licence?
Presently the Licence appears in a new  window/tab.

A particular problem is that often the reference  for a licence is not a simple text doc that would be suitable to show in a popup but a website reference with navigation.

Maybe I have misunderstood so could you perhaps explain the scheme you are seeking in a little more detail please.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Chrisss

Hi Colin!

I mean a popup!! 

click the download-button  ->>  popup to confirm the licence  ->>  open the download  (pdf)  in a new tab.

thats the way i try to realise.  Now this text appears in a new tab with a  "back" link. 
But there is no sense for a back-button in a new window  (ok - i can hide it with css)

thanks
chris

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You are right about the backlink in a new window
Because people may choose a licence with a reference to a web site having a modal popup is not a good general solution.  Maybe if you could add a suggestion for the software to detect if it is a web link or plain text to decide on a new window/tab or a popup.

Colin
Colin M
  •