News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Leading blank in "Dateien Layout mit nur einem Link v3.2"

Started by guest30781, 01.11.2016 15:43:39

Previous topic - Next topic

guest30781

Hi,

I am running "jDownloads Version 3.2.46" using the Content plugin in order to list and link some documents. Therefore, I configured jDownloads to use "Dateien Layout mit nur einem Link v3.2" as default layout.

A typical entry starts (within a <div></div>) with the link {jd_file file==123} followed by
 and the name of the author (the line break it not crucial).

Unfortunately, the first line is always indented by about 3 blanks, which results in an unalingned text block because the second line is not indented.

Any idea, how to tweak this layout in order to get a clear left aligned text block that starts with the link?

Thanks Tom
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
I do not seem to be able to reproduce your problem! I set up as the plugin default a modified version of layout "Files link only v3.2" with one that included the author name and called it "Files link and author v3.2". the changed code is just
<div class = "jd_files_oneline" style="">{file_title}{release}{pic_is_new}{pic_is_hot}{pic_is_updated} by {author_text}</div>.
Selected this layout as the plugin default and put three links at the start of an article.  Then I added another 3 links below.  This produced result as shown in pic spaces01.png below
The two other pics show the article in the editor in a normal view and as a code view.

Could you perhaps PM me the link to your front end site - i can use Inspector to see what has been generated.

Also which editor are you using.

I presume you have seen the article http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles as you specifically mentioned in <div>'s

Colin
PS to send me a PM click on the whitish 'square' near my name in the post

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

guest30781

Thanks for your quick reply, Colin.

To answer your questions:

• - I use JCE. The generated HTML  code seems to be ok.
  • - After having found more than 10 hints on <div>s in the tutorial and in the forum, I thought it might be good to use them  ;).
I am sorry, but it will not help to send you the link to my website because the affected webpage is only visible to registered users. But your hint about using the Inspector to narrow down the problem turned out to be very helpful.

I created a public example similar to yours and found that on that public webpage the lines starting with a link were indented by 2px. After I re-assigned that webpage to registered users, it turned out that the indentation increased. It became 12px when I opened that page after having registered to my website. By means of the Inspector I was finally able to isolate the code that caused the indentation.

After I replaced the following definitions per jdownloads_custom.css the problem was gone.
/* jdownloads_fe.css: 1146: Corrected margin-left to fix indentation problem */
.jd_download_url {
text-align: center;
margin-left: 0px;
min-width:75px;
min-height: 2px;
}

/* jdownloads_fe.css: 1246: Corrected padding to fix indentation problem */
.jd_files_oneline,
.jd_files_minipic {
display: inline-block;
padding: 0px 0px;
}

As you can see, I reset the margin-left and the padding to 0px. Originally, it was set to 10px and 2px, respectively. I do not claim that I have fixed the root cause of the indentation issue, it may as well be just a contributing cause to some incompatibility issue. After all, there are several enhancements and style sheets involved. At least, the link is now aligned with the rest of the <div> section.

Regards
Tom
  •  

ColinM

Tom,
Glad you sorted out OK.  I was looking for a much larger indentation and missed the 2px in jd_files_oneline. Have fixed that for v47.
However I am puzzled by the need to change jd_download_url as that is only used in Files Layout "Standard Files Layout without Checkboxes v3.2" and some of the optional layuots in the Layouts Library ( http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/downloads/category/10-layouts-library.html ).

I am also puzzled by the change when you switch to a Registered user.  Are you using the Advanced features in the jD System plugin?

It would help if you could please shed a bit more light on these puzzling ones.

Also just for info CSS is an "additive" mechanism in general where a css class adds to or amends any previously found version of that class.  So the jdownloads_custom.css works because it is loaded after the standard jdownloads_fe.css.  Hence the css statements you actually need in jdownloads_custom.css are given below. There is of course nothing wrong with what you have done but I thought you might like to know for the future.

/* jdownloads_fe.css: 1146: Corrected margin-left to fix indentation problem */
.jd_download_url {
margin-left: 0px;
}

/* jdownloads_fe.css: 1246: Corrected padding to fix indentation problem */
.jd_files_oneline {
padding: 0px;
}

Colin
Colin M
  •  

guest30781

Colin,

concerning  jd_download_url I am definitely using "Dateien Layout mit nur einem Link v3.2". Sorry, it only shows the German translation in the "jDownloads: Configuration -> Plugins -> Default Layout" list. It is in fact the second entry from the bottom of that list.

As "Plugins: System - jDownloads" is concerned the Advanced tab only offers to activate the hide functionality, which I did not. I have the following plugins enabled:

• Content - jDownloads
  • Button- JDownloads Content
  • Search - jDownloads
  • System - jDownloads
Only "jDownloads - Example" is disabled. As the modules are concerned, none of the jDownloads modules is enabled (published).

All Downloads are public pdf files referred to by articles for registered users. Those articels are in turn referred to by menus for super users (just for testing in order not to disturb regular visitors of my web site).

Thanks for your comments on the  jdownloads_custom.css. The mechanism you described meets my expectations, when I decided to add some overriding CSS code. In order to take no chances, I decided to add the entire sections containing the indentation commands.

Regards
Tom
  •  

ColinM

Tom
Think I may have resolved the conundrum about  jd_download_url.  Also I think you might be using a layout whose name in English is "Files Layout Single Line v3.2".  Also your first time install was before jD46.
In that situation the default layouts are not updated and installations prior to jD v46 the layout used "jd_download_url".  In v46 this was changed to "jd_download_url_position", which does not have any margins in its css.

Do the download buttons show?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

guest30781

Colin,

I think "Dateien Layout mit nur einem Link v3.2" should translate into "Files link only v3.2" (found that description on http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/layouts-overview). I have chosen this layout because in my application I  do not want any button to show up and that's exactly what I get (no buttons other than the NEW, HOT, UPDATED symbols right after the link).

As the version of jD is concerned, I do not know, if my predecessor as website admin ever tried to install jDownloads before. I installed it only once and since then no available update was indicated ("All extensions are up to date."). The headers of the css files (jdownloads_fe.css and jdownloads_buttons.css) bear the following notes:

/**
* @version 3.2
* @package jDownloads
* @copyright (C) 2008 / 2016 www.jdownloads.com
* @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
* jdownloads-fe jD32 2016-08-31
* updated 04 Oct 2016 V46-12 - re-added older items
*/

/**
* @version 2.5
* @package jDownloads
* @copyright (C) 2008 / 2014 www.jdownloads.com
* @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
* css classes created by http://www.webdesignerwall.com/
* modified colinM/ bositman  V2 31-Oct-2014, ColinM V3 16 Nov 2014
*/

Regards
Tom
  •  

ColinM

Tom
If you go to the jD Control panel the current version of jD is shown at the foot of the page. Alternatively you can go to Extensions - Mange and search for jDownloads.  The latest component is version v46

So I am still puzzled about the need for the change to css class .jd_download_url

Colin
Colin M
  •  

guest30781

Colin,

jDownloads Control Panel says:

QuotejDownloads Version 3.2.46 © 2007 - 2016 - Arno Betz www.jdownloads.com

Regards
Tom
  •