News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Some Download detail page gives 404 error

Started by pinarayi, 03.09.2016 15:35:14

Previous topic - Next topic

pinarayi

Please check the following link. It is category view.

http://www.kseb.in/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=category&catid=71&Itemid=817&lang=en . The direct download link is working for all downloads. But, when you click on the link to get detailed page, it is giving 404 error for some downloads. Examples- Download ID-611, 612 . What could be the reason?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you give the name of the tenders rather than just their IDs.  I cannot determine the IDs from the front end and there are too many to try all, but all those I tried were OK.
I find it strange that you say some do not work as jD uses the same mechanism throughout. 
Is their a confusion over the actual address link as I seem to remember that there were multiple addresses previously?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This was an intriguing 'bug' which I think I have identified following the analysis below.
Investigate title link to Download Details view
There are two title links that give 404 page errors and dozens that do work correctly and show the Download Details view. Below one working example and both non working links to Download Details are shown.

The actual links in the title are shown with breaks at the '&' items for clarity.
lines starting "&id=" give the Download id value.
lines starting "&catid=" give the Category id value.
lines starting "&Itemid=" give the id of a jD menu item  - this is used to determine the actual site address part when the final link is built.

WORKING 
Download "Supply of 11kV/433V, 100 kVA Four Star rated Distribution Transformers" is OK
<a href="/index.php?option=com_jdownloads
&amp;view=download
&amp;id=615:supply-of-11kv-433v-100-kva-four-star-rated-distribution-transformers
&amp;catid=71
&amp;Itemid=818
&amp;lang=en">Supply of 11kV/433V, 100 kVA Four Star rated Distribution Transformers</a>

NOT WORKING
Download "220kV Solar Substation Ambalathara-Construction of foundation for Yard Column Structures"
&amp;view=download
&amp;id=611:220kv-solar-substation-ambalathara-construction-of-foundation-for-yard-column-structures
&amp;catid=71
&amp;Itemid=818
&amp;lang=en">220kV Solar Substation Ambalathara-Construction of foundation for Yard Column Structures</a>

NOT WORKING
Download" "110kV Substation Kanhangad - Re-alignment of 16 MVA, 110/33 kV Transformer No:1
&amp;view=download
&amp;id=612:110kv-substation-kanhangad-re-alignment-of-16-mva-110-33-kv-transformer-no-1
&amp;catid=71
&amp;Itemid=818
&amp;lang=en">110kV Substation Kanhangad - Re-alignment of 16 MVA, 110/33 kV Transformer No:1</a>

It is noted from the structure of the links that Joomla! global config field "Search Engine Friendly URLs" is OFF.  Probably field "Use URL Rewriting" is also OFF.

The Common factor in the non working versions is that the Download titles start with a numeric character.

The immediate fix is to either switch on Search Engine Friendly URLs and Use URL Rewriting ON or to rename the Downloads so they do not start with a numeric character. but with a visible alpha character.

Please advise if this is OK on your site.
In order to fix the problem we will need to kw the following
The version of jD you are using please.
Also the settings in Config - Files & Folders tab fields:
"Use UTF-8"
"Replace spaces with underscores in names?"
"Change names to lowercase?"
"Remove/Change special characters in name?"
Colin

Incidentally I would suggest you use shorter names but show the full title in the description and modify your Files layout to show the description.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

pinarayi

Dear Collin, I identified the bug. The error occurs when the alias starts with a digit. When the alias is modified so that it starts with a character,the 404 issue solved. Please look into a solution for this . Either dont allow alias to start with digit or reframe the URL for viewing file details. Anyway, I had solved it by changing alias.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
That is exactly what I said that change the name, which also means the alias.

I also asked for
QuoteIn order to fix the problem we will need to kw the following
The version of jD you are using please.
Also the settings in Config - Files & Folders tab fields:
"Use UTF-8"
"Replace spaces with underscores in names?"
"Change names to lowercase?"
"Remove/Change special characters in name?"
Could you please supply as we need to reproduce the bug in order to find a cure.
Modifying the Alias is not an acceptable solution

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Guys,
excuse this bug.

Please use the fast fix below and copy the unzipped file to: /components/com_jdownloads/models/
This should fix it.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •