News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Tags works in Joomla 3.6.2 articles but not working in Jdownload 3.2.45

Started by pinarayi, 17.08.2016 10:36:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Lena

I've discovered the same bug with editing existing downloads with tags. They're not shown. I'm looking forward to the solution.
  •  

Arno

@pinarayi:
@Colin:

Please try the unzipped file below and copy it over the original file here: /administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/
This should fix the problem when Downloads (with assigned tags) are deleted.

When a item is deleted it must also be deleted the corresponding datasets in the tables:
'_contentitem_tag_map'
and
'jdt_ucm_content'

Please note that the old (not removed) datasets still exists also after this bugfix and must be removed manually.

@Lena:
Are you sure that you have the same problem? Try also the bugfix.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Lena

I edited  downloads and gave them tags. The tags are shown in the download list but after choosing a tag no downloads are listed.
"No matching items were found."
I didn't look into the database... The basic problem seems to be the same....
  •  

Lena

Arno, sadly your file won't solve my issue with the tags.
  •  

ColinM

@Arno
Have tested the revised download.php and it worked AOK.  Removed entries in contentitem_tag_map and in ucm_content.  Tag listings were good.

@Lena
Could you PM us the super user login details so we can look at the problem.  Were you deleting Downloads with tags attached to them?
Please note if you had deleted a download then the xx_ontentitem_tag_map and the xxx_ucm_content tables will still have the bad entries so if they have not been manually removed then the same problem will remain.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Lena

Hi,

I found an article about another component. The description of the problem is basically the same as mine.

https://hwdmediashare.co.uk/blog/769-joomla-3-6-0-undesirable-change-affecting-joomla-tags-in-hwdmediashare

After trying the solution 2 the downloads are listed, when a tag is selected. It's not a great solution to make changes in the libraries, but I hope this helps to solve the problem itself. I you haven't already discovered it  ;)

Lena
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Can confirm this is a Joomla! bug that comes with latest Joomla! 3.6.x
It appears that with Joomla! 3.6.2 there is no problem with  tags in Downloads, it is only with tags in jDownloads Categories.  See Pictures below.

An Issue has been raised with Joomla! people as it has been introduced by a change in one of the Joomla! libraries
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/12038
Note that the correction in the Issue is not good and should be avoided.

There is a quick temporary fix by editing a Joomla! library as described below

The code in the region of line 582 in file libraries/cms/helper/tags.php is as shown below

->join('INNER', '#__content_types AS ct ON ct.type_alias = m.type_alias')

// Join over categoris for get only published
            ->join('INNER', '#__categories AS tc ON tc.id = c.core_catid AND tc.published = 1')

// Join over the users for the author and email

It should be edited to either remove the line
  ->join('INNER', '#__categories AS tc ON tc.id = c.core_catid AND tc.published = 1')
  or preferably to comment out the line by adding // so that the code now looks like
              ->join('INNER', '#__content_types AS ct ON ct.type_alias = m.type_alias')

// Join over categoris for get only published
            // ->join('INNER', '#__categories AS tc ON tc.id = c.core_catid AND tc.published = 1')

// Join over the users for the author and email

By just commenting it out then it is easy to restore.

ColinM

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Lena, i think that we have solved now the tags problems. We will publish in the next 2 days the final version 3.2.46.

(Please change not any core files - this is not required with the new version)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Lena

Arno,

I also think that the problem is solved. I "commented out" the specific line in the core file and will reverse that as soon as the new version is released. I can't wait!  :D
Thanks for the help and all your hard work! You too Colin  ;)
  •  

Lena

Hi Arno, hi Colin,

I did the update yesterday and reversed the changes in the library. But sadly the error isn't resolved.
If I comment out the "join" the tag lists are displayed with data. If I leave the command line in the library no results are displayed.

What is the next step here? Wait for the changes/solution from Joomla with the next update? I'd be fine with that  ;)

Just wanted to leave this information here and again thanks for your work!
  •  

Arno

Hi Lena,
would it be possible to get the login data (and the link) to your phpmyadmin and your Joomla backend via PM?

So i could check the state and maybe correct wrong values. Please not that it was not possible to solve all problems with the tags with the update. In the future new created tags should it works correct but not for all older tags for categories.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •