News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Use a Private Files Area missing?

Started by Tazzios, 25.08.2020 09:47:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazzios

Where did the 'Use a Private Files Area' option go in 3.9.2 ?
It was under 'User Groups Settings' but i can not find it in the 3.9 version anymore.

ColinM

Hi
The Private Files Area was not working in jD3.2 and has been replaced by a much better scheme called Single User Access.
Please seehttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/access-user-group-permissions-v3-9/single-user-accessfor more details and examples.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Tazzios

just came to the same conclusion when i found this text in the configuration: " This option or functionality is not yet complete but it is being prepared for the next release."

I checked the 'Single User Access' but seems to be for download and not for uploads.
I want every user to have it`s own upload folder, the files needs to downloadable for everyone.

ColinM

Hi Tazzios
We had a temporary problem with the Single User Access that I believe is fixed in 3.9.3
You wrote
QuoteI want every user to have it`s own upload folder, the files needs to downloadable for everyone.
That can be achieved using the regular Permissions, Access levels and User Group settings.
How many Users do you plan to have their own upload folder?  If it is a few dozen then that is viable but if hundreds masintenance could become tiresome!
In one of my Community based sites there are a lot of Clubs and Societies, each one has its own upload site (and aricles as well as Downloads) which they maintain themselves from the front end.  Some items are public and some are 'registered' so only members of the cub can see some items.
Much of what you want is outlined in articlehttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/access-user-group-permissions-v3-9/how-to-create-a-private-categorybut as you want public 'Downloadable' then the Permissions for Download and Access need to be set to Public.  Also you probably need to disable the ability to select another category in the User Group settings
When a new user group is created the also create a view access  which just has that user group.  Then you can create a specific menu item to create/Edit downloads with that view Access
Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please note that we have find a few bugs in connection with the new 'Single User Access' option in 3.9.x.
We could already fix it and we will publish the fixed update in the next hours.
So it would be recommended to wait with your special structure building on this.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Tazzios

I switched to  Community builder Gallery to automatically create a personal file upload location for every user (300+). Every system has his usecases.  :)