News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Another (Illegal mix of collations error)

Started by belini, 15.09.2017 21:40:52

Previous topic - Next topic

belini

Quote from: Arno on 02.10.2017 14:28:19
Hi belini,
I have not forget you. But I be ill since a few days. Not heavy but I can not work fulltime at the moment.
I hope I could find the reason for your problem but need a few days more.

In the meantime could you try to activate a hidden option in the db table _jdownloads_config. Here exist at the end the option use.files.and.folder.settings.for.monitoring (see pic). You could change the value to 1 to activate it. Try it then again.

Hi Arno,
I hope you get better.
As for your request, I do not have in my _jdownloads_config table an option called use.files.and.folder.settings.for.monitoring. The most similar is files.autodetect.

I did some tests here, copied all 47 directories to my local machine and deleted all files from all folders by jDownloads, I kept the directories / categories only.

I then copied using ssh some files from my local folder to the corresponding folder of jdownloads and then clicked on "Check Download area now" in the control panel.

The files are reading without errors, just a message has appeared so now (apparently for every file it finds in the directory):

Notice: Undefined property: jdownloadsTabledownload::$id in /var/www/html/plugins/content/jevents/jevents.php on line 25

I have not yet copied all files to their respective folders, but I'll do so until I see if any errors appear, just like before.
  •  

Arno

This error has nothing to do with jDownloads. It comes from a jevent plugin.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The field use.files.and.folder.settings.for.monitoring is the field with id 531.  Maybe you did not look far enough?  If it is missing how many fields do you have in the
xxxx_jdownloads_config table.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

belini

Quote from: Arno on 02.10.2017 21:33:40
This error has nothing to do with jDownloads. It comes from a jevent plugin.
Ok, but this property jdownloadsTabledownload: is not it from jDownloads?

Notice: Undefined property: jdownloadsTabledownload::$id in /var/www/html/plugins/content/jevents/jevents.php on line 25

If so, does jEvents refer to it? Strange how is this happening?
Theoretically the jEvents developers will not reference a property that does not belong to their / project plugin.

Oh, I found use.files.and.folder.settings.for.monitoring in my case the id is 268, remembering that my installation of jdownloads is full in 3.x series. I'm not going to change for the moment, because now jDownloads is reading the files.

Still on the issue related to "notices", they appear only inside the Control Panel of jDwonloads, when it reads new files from the directory, see in the attachment when the automatic monitor reads three new files from the directory.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

QuoteIf so, does jEvents refer to it? Strange how is this happening?
Theoretically the jEvents developers will not reference a property that does not belong to their / project plugin.
A Joomla content plugin can change content from every extension. But I have no idea what JEvent want to change here. By the way, the jdownloads_files table has not an id field only a file_id field. That could be the reason for this notice. 'Notice' messages should you deactivate via Joomla options (TAB System / Error Reporting = Simple or None).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

belini

Quote from: Arno on 03.10.2017 16:25:10
A Joomla content plugin can change content from every extension. But I have no idea what JEvent want to change here. By the way, the jdownloads_files table has not an id field only a file_id field. That could be the reason for this notice. 'Notice' messages should you deactivate via Joomla options (TAB System / Error Reporting = Simple or None).

Hi,
Apparently the scan monitor is working now.
One of the things I discovered is that I had a file where the file name had invalid characters.
Now I can not tell if the latest updates or the file name adjustment made everything work.
Apart from the "Notice" issue, everything is ok.
I understand that I can disable 'Notices' to not appear on the screen, but in the system log keeps registering, it is nothing serious, but who knows in the future this will not occur any more.
My question, when I delete a file directly in the directory jDownloads does not erase the reference inside it, is this normal behavior?

•  

ColinM

Hi
QuoteMy question, when I delete a file directly in the directory jDownloads does not erase the reference inside it, is this normal behavior?
If you delete the file directly jDownloads does not know it has been deleted until you run a monitor scan. So yes it is normal.  jD keeps all the info in the relevant database tables.
Colin
Colin M
  •