News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Small CSS fix and some button image optimization

Started by bositman, 14.11.2014 12:48:02

Previous topic - Next topic

bositman

As posted in this thread: http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=7478.msg29185#msg29185
All hot/new/updated should change the cursor CSS to pointer and I guess that the hover is not needed either (but that is your choice) because it gives the visitor the impression that it is clickable.

I also scanned my website with GTmetrix (http://gtmetrix.com) and it found some images which could be a bit more compressed losslessly (it's a very small reduction, but why not? it's free :P ) I am attaching the optimized images.

Optimizing the following images could reduce their size by 3.1KiB (10% reduction).
?   components/com_jdownloads/assets/images/upper.png could save 571B (24% reduction).
?   Losslessly compressing components/com_jdownloads/assets/images/search.png could save 90B (5% reduction).

?   Losslessly compressing images/jdownloads/miniimages/date.png could save 40B (4% reduction).

?   Losslessly compressing images/jdownloads/miniimages/system.png could save 40B (4% reduction).

?   Losslessly compressing images/jdownloads/fileimages/7z.png could save 39B (2% reduction).

?   Losslessly compressing images/jdownloads/fileimages/iso.png could save 39B (3% reduction). See optimized version

?   Losslessly compressing images/jdownloads/miniimages/language.png could save 38B (3% reduction).

?   Losslessly compressing images/jdownloads/miniimages/license.png could save 33B (3% reduction).

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thank you for your "loss-less" files.  Any saving is worthwhile.  Guess Arno could include in Stable version - but we are trying to kill bugs as main priority.  

Will re-look at the hot/new/updated css

Thanks
Colin
EDIT  On looking in detail there is perhaps no point in having the minor colour change when one hovers over the mouse over the Hot/New/Updated symbols
Colin
Colin M
  •  

bositman

Yeah if it does nothing when clicked, the cursor should be a pointer and no change on hover in my opinion
  •  

Arno

QuoteOptimizing the following images could reduce their size by 3.1KiB
Is added for next beta. Thanks.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •