News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Create/Edit Downloads - fields

Started by ciklon, 04.03.2018 21:36:10

Previous topic - Next topic

ciklon

Hi,
I have several issues and looking for solution.

1. In multilingual sites, when creating "Custom data fieldss" type "Select Box" and using a language tag is dispayed in drop-down field on the "Create / Edit Download" page only the first value entered in the administration.

Example:
- Administration   see pic j_D_admin_custom_data_field_1-A.png

- Create/Edit Download page see pic j_D_create_download_custom_data_field_1-B.png

2. If set the option Frondend/Use real user name? = NO that is, a user name should be displayed on the site, then in the field "Created by" on  "Create / Edit Download" page shows the real names instead usernames.
Example:
- Administration   see pic  j_D_admin_real_or_user_name-C.png

- Create/Edit Download page see pic j_D_create_download--real_or_user_name-D.png

Best regards

Edited by Colin to remove "unwelcome/inappropriate" advertising

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
You wrote
QuoteIn multilingual sites, when creating "Custom data fieldss" type "Select Box" and using a language tag is dispayed in drop-down field on the "Create / Edit Download" page only the first value entered in the administration.

The entire sequence for one language should be enclosed in the language selector codes
For example if English is the selected language for the page then the sequence
{de-DE}beispieltext,beispieltext2{/de-DE}, {en-GB}example text1,example text2{/en-GB}
will produce a pulldown list

-Select-
example text1
example text2

Having looked at the examples on the page I will update them to make it clearer.

For your second item I have created a bug
see http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=9724.msg40135;

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ciklon

Thanks Colin, for the comprehensive and clear answer. Everything is as you described it. I have written for the following values as an example: {de-DE}beispieltext{/de-DE}{en-GB}example text1{/en-GB},{de-DE}beispieltext2{/de-DE}{en-GB}example text2{/en-GB}

In my case its ok without comma between the language tags as an example: {de-DE}beispieltext,beispieltext2{/de-DE}{en-GB}example text1,example text2{/en-GB}
Suggestion: In the future perhaps  to be added such a description for the "Select Box" fields in the Component Administration.

Issue is solved
  •  

ColinM

Ciklon,
Yes I have revised the note in the page to add a betterer description.
Thanks about leaving out the comma between language strings
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Ciklon,
Have discussed with Arno about user/username. Basically the Created By always uses the Name and this is intentional.  I will adjust the documentation to clarify.
Colin
Colin M
  •