News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

What is Joomla and How jDownloads Can Be Helpful

Started by Jessica435, 31.10.2012 06:03:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica435

This thread is being created with a view to provide basic information about Joomla. Actually, Joomla is a free open source content management system (CMS) which is used for uploading contents on the web. Usually PHP is used to write Joomla script. PHP uses object oriented programming techniques and it is better to use the latest version as it contains all latest features. MS SQL is the best database.

One can assess the importance of Joomla from its download rate. According to a survey of web traffic, Joomla has been downloaded over 30 million times just in March 2012. From official Joomla Extension Directory, about 10,000 free and commercial extensions are available besides a lot more from other sources. So Joomla is thought to be the second most commonly used Content Management System.

As regards to Joomla downloads, jDownloads is considered to be an extensive download manager for Joomla CMS. It can facilitate users to integrate downloadable files in Joomla Websites. As you can customize your download categories, so it is possible to have exactly the same structure on your server as per your download folders. jDownloads also help you to manage security and coy rights of your contents. Besides these, there are also a large number of advantageous features of jDownloads that could be of great benefit for web developers.

Continue reading, and I will try my best to keep you updated on the latest news about Joomla and its features.

peterjack

Thanks for the information about joomla, It's a useful info for me.
  •