News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Smart Search

Started by jolof, 23.04.2023 16:20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

jolof

Hello!
I have updated to jDownloads 4.0.26 Stable
I'm trying to implement Smart Search, it finds files and libraries , BUT the links I get don't work "404 Page not found".
The path I get e.g. to a category: index.php/component/jdownloads/category/45-2006-2009?highlight=WyIyMDA2LTIwMDkiXQ==&Itemid=1288
And to a file it becomes: index.php/component/jdownloads/download/38-publik/332-maklarinformation-230324?highlight=WyJtXHUwMGU0a2xhcmluZm9ybWF0aW9uIl0=&Itemid=1288
What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, my English is not good, hope you understand.
  •  

Tazzios

What if you disable 'Highlight Search Terms' in smart search options?
Maybe jdownloads does not like the extra parameter in the url.

Or, easier, remove 'highlight=WyJtXHUwMGU0a2xhcmluZm9ybWF0aW9uIl0=&' from your file url manually.

jolof

Hi and thanks!
It made the link look better BUT I still have the links I get not working "404 Page not found"
The link now became: index.php/component/jdownloads/download/38-publik/332-maklarinformation-230324.html?Itemid=1288
instead of: index.php/component/jdownloads/download/38-publik/332-maklarinformation-230324 ?highlight=WyJtXHUwMGU0a2xhcmluZm9ybWF0aW9uIl0=&Itemid=1288

This came up in the everything log, if that means anything:
#
#<?php die('Forbidden.'); ?>
#Date: 2023-04-26 11:48:58 UTC
#Software: Joomla! 4.3.0 Stable [ Bora ] 18-April-2023 16:00 GMT

#Fields: datetime   priority clientip   category   message
2023-04-26T11:48:58+00:00   CRITICAL 13.49.78.24   error   Uncaught Throwable of type Joomla\CMS\Router\Exception\RouteNotFoundException thrown with message "Page not found". Stack trace: #0 [ROOT]\libraries\src\Application\SiteApplication.php(746): Joomla\CMS\Router\Router->parse(Object(Joomla\CMS\Uri\Uri), true)
#1 [ROOT]\libraries\src\Application\SiteApplication.php(232): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->route()
#2 [ROOT]\libraries\src\Application\CMSApplication.php(293): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()
#3 [ROOT]\includes\app.php(61): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()
#4 [ROOT]\index.php(32): require_once('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...')
#5 {main}
  •  

ColinM

Hi
What version of Joomla are you using? There seems to be a 'challenge' with Joomla 4.3.0 and Categories

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jolof

Hi and thanks!
Yes, I have Joomla! 4.3.0 Stable, should I just wait and hope it works out?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes please wait as getting compatibility with latest Joomla is obviously important.  But I have noted that there are seveal reports of bugs with J4.3.0 so there may be a revison by the Joomla team!!!

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jolof

•  

Arno

This problem seems to have nothing to do with jDownloads. Therefore, it will be moved.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Kvoo

I have a similar issue. Smart search works for every other Plugin, but jDownloads results lead to a 404 error.

If I compare the result URL from the old Search plugin to smart search:

Old Search: http://intranet/index.php/component/jdownloads/?task=download.send&id=2841&catid=18&m=0&Itemid=101
Smart Search: http://intranetdev/index.php/component/jdownloads/download/151-social-engineering/1376-se-2016-v1-00?highlight=WyJ0ZXN0Il0=&Itemid=1200

The URL seems to be not generated right. Does anyone have a solution?

•  

jolof

In Global Configuration in the SEO group I changed Search Engine Friendly URLs to no, then it worked for me.
  •