News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

SVG icons instead of PNG icons

Started by LPLDevs, 29.06.2020 19:10:28

Previous topic - Next topic

LPLDevs

Hi,

Is it possible to use SVG's for the files and category icons, rather than PNG's?

If so, please advise.

Thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The icon software is basically predicated on the use of png files. SVG files are intrinsically much more complex being vector type, and much smoother.there are several free web based svg to png converter.
Icons are generally small and not really showing details.I am curious why you want to use svg for such generally small images.  At the end of the day it is down to the pixel size on the screen!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Stilgar

Hello,

i have the same "problem", too.

I have solved it with  the extension "EASY OUTPUT REPLACER".

I replaced with it all file-images with svg-icons and all other icons with FontAwesome.

Example images are attached.
Greetings
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Looks OkIn jD3.9.1 use is made of font awsome rather than .png in many places.  Also the buttons, like Download for example, use pure css.
Colin
Colin M
  •