News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

&Itemid=XX is missing in the category links - [Fixed in 3.2.6]

Started by carin, 06.05.2014 14:38:18

Previous topic - Next topic

carin

The category links are missing the &Itemid= parameter and hence loose all asigned modules. Same for downloads and summery.
Joomla 3.2 | jD 3.2 | PHP 5.3 | Apache 2
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

carin

No, this is not related, the parameter &Itemid= is missing in the URLs as I described above. Just add this and all is good. Why would you refuse to solve this bug?
  •  

Arno

QuoteWhy would you refuse to solve this bug?
Bei manchen Kommentaren hier im Forum verliert man echt die Lust an der Sache!
Ich habe mit keinem Wort geschrieben das ich mich weigere diesen (vermeintlichen) Fehler zu beheben.
Ich hatte aber noch nicht die Zeit um dies bei mir hier weiter zu untersuchen.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

carin

... na komm - also wenn ich einen Bug Report schreibe, der einen fehlenden Parameter beschreibt und dann ein "Ablenkungskommentar" bezüglich eines fehlenden divs kommt, aus dem hervorgeht, dass das Problem damit gelöst sei kann auch von der Seite des Testers die Lust am Testen vergehen.

Aber jetzt lass uns nicht an Formulierungen aufhalten, es sei dir versichert, dass ich dir nicht die Lust am Programmieren nehmen wollte.
  •  

Arno

Quote from: carin on 06.05.2014 14:38:18
The category links are missing the &Itemid= parameter and hence loose all asigned modules. Same for downloads and summery.
Ich kann das hier nicht bestätigen mit default settings.
Welche sef settings verwendest du?
Existieren zusätzliche Menü items für einzelne Kategorien?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

carin

SEF: alles auf ON bis auf "Unicode Aliases", sh404 eingeschaltet - aber das alles hat ja nichts mit Linkbildung innerhalb einer Komponente zu tun, deswegen verstehe ich Frage danach nicht ganz(?)

Es gibt nur zwei direkte Links zu Kategorien und diese verlieren besagte Itemid in den Unterkategorien.
  •  

ColinM

Carin
My knowledge of German is confined to eating and traveling!! :-[  But I would like to see if I can help reproduce the problem. :)  So could you please give me some simple instructions that a poor confused Englishman could follow :( Perhaps a few screen shots of how to get there would help me. 
Thanks
Colin
Colin M
  •  

carin

• in jD set up two main categories with sub categories for each
  • set up a menu item to any article
  • set up a menu item for each main category as a sub menu item of that article menu item
  • access the sub categories via the menu links of the main categories

Now you can see the sub categories loosing the Itemid parameter in the URL.

I did not try that on a fresh installation, but I started fresh with jD 3.x.
  •  

Arno

QuoteNow you can see the sub categories loosing the Itemid parameter in the URL.
Okay. Thanks for the example. I can reproduce it now.
But for the version 3.2.5 it is to late, so i will fix this in version 3.2.6.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •