News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

upload frontend [solved - not a bug]

Started by doro_l, 01.02.2017 13:04:26

Previous topic - Next topic

doro_l

hallo, in frontendupload werden die zusätlichen auswahlfelder nicht angezeigt. die datenfelder sind vorhanden. jDownloads Version 3.2.46

im backend sind die felder nach dem einfügen ins layout vorhanden
Gruss und danke doro
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have used Google Translate to understand your query.
From the Front End the fields in the Create/Edit a Download are controlled by the User Groups Settings for each User Group.

The following might be helpful, even though they are in English
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/introduction-to-user-group-settings
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-user-group-is-used?category_id=29

Colin
Colin M
  •  

doro_l

hi Colin,
sorry we can do it in english as well.
the rights are set and  the layouts are adapted, so both fields (vallue and drop down)appere.
but the drobdown are not shown on the frontend. for make it visuble see the pics, als pics with admin rights.

reg doro

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I see you are using the custom data fields.
You need to refer to them in the files and/or Download Details layout as well as otherwise they will not appear.
"If you use Custom Fields in this layout, you must insert the values with the placeholder variables
{custom_title_#} for the field title and
{custom_value_#} for the field data
where the # character is replaced by the number of the custom field. See also the Configuration"

Colin
PS if you still have a problem I will send you an example but I have to go now
C
Colin M
  •  

doro_l

colin, i have only a problem if i add a download via the fronted form. everything else works fine. detailview, backendupload.
only the uploadform has no dropdown custum field/value #1-5 are not shown (i need only field #1)

reg doro

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi Doro
I think in my last response I was answering the wrong question - whoops!! 
This is almost certainly a User Groups Setting setup problem - I do not think it is a bug. 
If you look on User Groups Settings - the overview page- the second column shows the user group ranking for each user group.

When a user belongs to multiple groups jD uses the settings for the User Group with the highest ranking from those user groups to which they are members.  You can set the ranking of each group.  Typically I create a User Group called Uploaders and give it a high ranking such as 123.  Then I join each user who is able to upload from the front end to the Uploader UG.  This means that I only need to set the details once.  It also helps set up the permissions.

If you do not want to do that then you need to set the tick boxes etc and so on for each UG that is allowed to upload (Create &  Edit permissions).  For example suppose you allow Registered UG, Manager UG and SuperUser UG to upload from front end  By default jD sets the Manager UG with a higher jD ranking than Registered UG.

So please check all relevant UGs, especially the Super User who generally belongs to multiple UGs.

If stilll a problem please PM me with super admin login and advise which UGs are allowed to upload from front end

Colin

Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi Doro
After looking at UG settings found Custom Field #1 had not been selected - so set it and all was well.
Noted that list of countries had been truncated due to 200 2000 character limit.  Will ask Arno to increase size.
It was not a jD bug.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

doro_l

thx colin, the limitation to 200 car is not the problem, i will edit the contrylist to the one what we realy need.
thx doro
  •  

ColinM

H Doro
The limit is 2000 not 200 was a typo!!
Colin
Colin M
  •