News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Several error messages appear - solved

Started by Attila Lengyel, 19.04.2014 10:20:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila Lengyel

Hello Arno,

I was pleased to hear from the new release of jD 3.2 :) Good work, on behalf of jDownloads users, we would like to thank you!!! :)

Although, my post is about to report some error messages and anomalies I encountered during testing the new version. I know my investigation and testing should be concentrated to one area, yet, I wanted to inform you, so I truely hope, it will be useful for you  ;)

First, during installation I got this message back: http://content.screencast.com/users/AttilaL/folders/Jing/media/208b8ac7-8efd-4b18-a2b3-58f23b4e8247/2014-04-19_0956.png (I followed the steps you gave us, so I deleted all the previous versions, both related plugins and modules.)

Secondly, when accessing to the main page of jD, where all the categories are listed, I see this: http://content.screencast.com/users/AttilaL/folders/Jing/media/eed9d05d-127f-44ae-8c92-36bcd83b7a52/2014-04-19_0959.png

Another issue: When going into an already existing category, I get this: http://content.screencast.com/users/AttilaL/folders/Jing/media/53307b85-db6e-4689-96d6-550e9e2b7c87/2014-04-19_1001.png

An on the other hand, if I go into an existing category, (no matter if I use the dropdown, or simply clicking on the name of the category) I cannot click on any item. I cannot click on for example the uploading, I cannot click on the download itself, all of the links are/ or seem to be inactive. If I go back to overview/main page of the component, so completely "exiting" categories, I am allowed to click on links again then. Could you please check it out? :)

Really appreciate your help. If you need any additional information, please let me know.

*** Site details: ***
jDownloads version: Latest - jDownloads 3.2 Beta for Joomla 3.2
Joomla v 3.2.3
PHP base:    Linux 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 22 03:15:09 UTC 2013 x86_64
MySQL Database version:    5.5.36-cll
PHP version:    5.3.28
jDownloads version: Latest - jDownloads 3.2.6 Beta for Joomla 3.2
Joomla v 3.3.0
PHP base:    Linux 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 22 03:15:09 UTC 2013 x86_64
MySQL Database version:    5.5.36-cll
PHP version:    5.3.28
  •  

Arno

Hi,
you have used a higher error level in your Joomla configuration to get this messages. When you use the default settings, you will not more see this.
This messages are not really a problem and please note that we have first a beta release (so this messages will be fixed in stable release).

What is the message on the pic below?

QuoteAn on the other hand, if I go into an existing category, (no matter if I use the dropdown, or simply clicking on the name of the category) I cannot click on any item. I cannot click on for example the uploading, I cannot click on the download itself, all of the links are/ or seem to be inactive. If I go back to overview/main page of the component, so completely "exiting" categories, I am allowed to click on links again then. Could you please check it out?
Hm... strange. Can i get access data for your backend via PM?

btw, please post your pics here as simple file attachments...

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Attila Lengyel

Hello Arno,

Quoteyou have used a higher error level in your Joomla configuration to get this messages.
Well, i'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the Debugger Mode in Joomla? Because if so, I am not using it.

QuoteThis messages are not really a problem and please note that we have first a beta release (so this messages will be fixed in stable release).
I see. Well, i know it :) I just wanted to help you, so next time it will be even better  ;D

QuoteWhat is the message on the pic below?
It says: "There was an error loading com_jdownloads, The component cannot be found." - Note: The component is installed on my site.

Quotebtw, please post your pics here as simple file attachments...
- Yes, sure! I will next time ;)

QuoteHm... strange. Can i get access data for your backend via PM?
Absolutely! I will send it soon to you.

Again: thank you for your help :) I really appreciate it!

Attila
Joomla v 3.3.0
PHP base:    Linux 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 22 03:15:09 UTC 2013 x86_64
  •  

Arno

QuoteWell, i'm not sure what you mean.
see pic.

I can try to check your installation later tonight (or tomorrow).

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

QuoteSecondly, when accessing to the main page of jD, where all the categories are listed,
ahm...
- you have also tried to update your older jDownloads version? Have you read in this case before the update instructions?
- you have NOT installed this beta version as a fresh install?
I think i understand not exactyl what you have done...  ::) ???
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Attila Lengyel

Hello Arno,

I checked the picture you attached. My site is currently down, and at this point, it is used for heavy testing purposes. (I also tested another products.)  Thus, error reports were set to 'maximal' previously. According to your screenshot, I have set it to System default :) So I cannot see these error messages. :) Thanks for the hint ;)

Quoteahm...
- you have also tried to update your older jDownloads version? Have you read in this case before the update instructions?
- you have NOT installed this beta version as a fresh install?

Yes, i have read the instructions. Actually, i tried to update. Right after uploading the 3.2 package (jD 1.9.2.10 was installed previously and i removed it and all jdownloads-related plugins, modules, etc. before the installation procedure), the component offered me to update the database and retrieve the datas as well as downloads from the previous version. Everything went fine, and migration/update was successful.
Hence, I would say it was rather an "upgrade" than a fresh install.

Thanks for your help. :)
Joomla v 3.3.0
  •  

Arno

QuoteEverything went fine, and migration/update was successful.
Okay, so your problem is solved?

QuoteAn on the other hand, if I go into an existing category, (no matter if I use the dropdown, or simply clicking on the name of the category) I cannot click on any item. I cannot click on for example the uploading, I cannot click on the download itself, all of the links are/ or seem to be inactive. If I go back to overview/main page of the component, so completely "exiting" categories, I am allowed to click on links again then. Could you please check it out?
I have never seen before a problem like this. Perhaps has is to do with your template? Can you change it (to a default template) for a test and try it again with the frontend output?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Attila Lengyel

Hi Arno,

QuoteOkay, so your problem is solved?
Yes, now everything seems to be fine.

QuoteI have never seen before a problem like this. Perhaps has is to do with your template? Can you change it (to a default template) for a test and try it again with the frontend output?
I checked it again, and you were right. The issue itself was template-related. If I switch back to Joomla default protostar, it works like a charm :)
By the way, I was using Rockettheme templates, and it seems like RT has some issues with jD 3.2. I also checked Yoothemes templates, and theirs work just fine.

Thank you for your help and patience!

Regards,
Attila
Joomla v 3.3.0
  •  

Arno

Hi Attila,
many thanks for your reply.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •