News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

SEO and root in path name

Started by vladas, 13.03.2015 21:16:34

Previous topic - Next topic

vladas

Hi, after upgrade from 1.9 to 3.2.7 I got new SEO links in my database.
I'm using MijoSEF component for building the whole SEO structure.

What is interesteing is that I got ROOT in path of category/file

it looks like this
www.website.com/download/root/category1/file1.zip

This ROOT was not existing before in previous version of JD.
I have tried several different options, to turn off seo, tu change some router option, but what I would like to get is
www.website.com/download/category1/file1.zip

Not sure what is wrong/different between these two but I would like to get information how to solve this problem.
If I want to change manually all SEO database, and to delete ROOT in that link, it will take forever.

Please give me a feedback.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
what mean you exactly with seo database?

I have never worked with MijoSEF. So i can your not say what you must change here to get what you want.
By the way, the sended login data are not more valid. 
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

vladas

Please check login now.

What I mean is, MijoSef creates all links with form
www.website.com/download/root/category1/file1.zip

This ROOT between download and category is made after JD is upgraded from 1.9 to 3.2 version.

This makes a lot of troubles, because if I want to remove this root in address bar, I need to edit each link manually, and that will take long time ago.
I want to make it like this
www.website.com/download/category1/file1.zip

same link, just without ROOT between download and category.

Is there any reason for this after upgrading?
  •  

Arno

Hi Vlada,
i have checked your settings for jD in your MijoSEF. I have changed here only the router type (see pic).
So it seems for me now correctly. Please note that this router problems has nothing to do with jDownloads self.
So you should next time contact the developer from the Mijo extension.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

vladas

Hm...
after you have change router now we are getting even worse case

http://www.website.com/download/category/catID-category-name

it should be only
http://www.website.com/download/category-name

I know that this is not fully related to JD and it is more on SEF component, but this happends after I upgrade from 1.9 to 3.27.
That means something is changed also in JD source routing.

•  

ColinM

Hi
This is not a jDownloads thing but to do with Joomla!  For example if you use the Joomla! List all Article Categories you get a link like
http://www.yourwebsite.com/list-article-categories/86-workera1  where 86 ii the Joomla! category id

If you go on to an article in a Joomla! category then the link is like:
http://www.yourwebsite.com/list-article-categories/86-workera1/74-workera1-article where 74 is the article id and "workera1-article" is the name I gave to the article.

That is jDownloads is being compliant with Joomla! as one would expect.  I suspect that the Joomla! core people found it was increasingly difficult to get meaningful unique ids.  Personally I have no gripe with this new Joomla! structure as it is still readable and guaranteed unique so I do not have to make up weird names to get unique aliases.  The new structure is a thousand miles away from the old "goobbledegook" links of yesteryear.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

vladas

Hi again.
After redesign of my website I have decided to use Joomla native SEO options. Other SEO components were making my website heavy and slow for loading.

When I turn on native Joomla SEO options I'm finding something not logical:
www.domain.com/download/category/id-categoryalias

"download" is a menu item but all other categories are not listed in menu items and therefore JD routing is adding - category/id-categoryalias.
Of course we don't want to make all categories in menu items are there are hundred of folders/subfolders

What I think is a problem here is routing method. Why JD is not reading all nested categories how they are stored under download folder on server.
Example:
www.domain.com/download/folder1/subfolder1
www.domain.com/download/folder1/subfolder2
www.domain.com/download/folder1/subfolder3

www.domain.com/download/folder2/subfolder1
www.domain.com/download/folder2/subfolder2

Is there anyway that we can do something about JD routing to match examples above.
  •