News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Update jDownloads - error Duplicate entry

Started by hottemax, 18.07.2022 20:45:04

Previous topic - Next topic

hottemax

Hello,

I'm working with joomla 3.10.10 and php 8.1

There are following issues when updating from jDownloads 3.9.8.3.3 to jDownloads 3.9.8.3.4:

• After the update, the following error message appears:
    "Duplicate entry '99-1-com-jdownloads-custom-fields-'for key 'idx_client_id_parent_id_alias_language'"
  • In the backend, jDownloads is missing from the components after the update.

What have I done so far without success:

• Database repaired
  • jDownloads uninstalled and reinstalled produces the error
        1062 Duplicate entry '99-1-com-jdownloads-custom-fields-' for key 'idx_client_id_parent_id_alias_language'
  • imported backup, switched to php 7.4, update made by jDownloads, same error message as above
  • imported backup, switched to php 8.0, update made by jDownloads, same error message as above

Greetings from Germany
HoSe
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Strange! Have just tested with Joomla! 3.10.10 and PHP 7.4.24 and was all OK.  Even tested from 3.2.69 3.9.8.4
Also have never seen a situation where jDownloads is missing from the component
Will send you a PM

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hello,
The update does not make any changes to the database and also contains very few other (source code) changes.
I am therefore surprised by your problem and do not suspect an error in the new version, but rather a problem with your jDownloads installation.
But that doesn't help you either. So I'll have a look at it right away and get back to you.

For now, you should, if possible, restore an earlier backup so that you are back to the status BEFORE your first update attempt. And then, of course, don't try an update at first.

Question:
You use custom fields in jDownloads?
And the Content Plugin of jDownloads is activated?

Hallo,
also das Update nimmt keinerlei Änderungen in der DB vor und auch sonst enthält es nur sehr wenige (Quellcode) Änderungen.
Von daher verwundert mich dein Problem und vermute hier kein Fehler in der neuen Version, sondern vielmehr ein Problem mit deiner jDownloads Installation.
Hilft dir aber auch nicht weiter. Also werde ich mir das gleich einmal ansehen und melde mich dann wieder.

Für das erste solltest du, wenn möglich, ein früheres Backup einspielen, damit du so wieder auf den Stand VOR deinem ersten Updateversuch bist. Und natürlich dann erst einmal kein Update versuchen.

Eine Frage:
Du verwendest custom fields in jDownloads?
Und das Content Plugin von jDownloads ist aktiviert?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

hottemax

Hello,
many thanks for the quick feedback!

I don't use custom fields in jDownloads.
The jDownloads content plugin is activated.

I was able to solve the problem as follows:
The duplicate entry existed before jDownloads was updated.

The duplicate entry for the primary key 99-1 appeared in two tables in the database:

• xxx_igallery_img
  • xxx_jdownloads_config_backup

Strangely enough, there was a blocking.list in the xxx_jdownloads_config_backup table with the following entries:

66.249.72.1 crawl-66-249-72-1.googlebot.com;66.249.71.153 crawl-66-249-71-153.googlebot.com;66.249.66.22 crawl-66-249-66-22.googlebot.com;
66.249.71.19 crawl-66-249-71-19.googlebot.com;66.249.71.132 crawl-66-249-71-132.googlebot.com etc.

solution

• Delete entry with primary key 99-1 in table xxx_jdownloads_config_backup
  • jDownloads via Extensions/Manage/Install again

Checking the download area in jDownloads (full check) didn't show any errors.

I also posted the solution in the joomla forum:
https://forum.joomla.de/thread/16284-update-jdownloads-fehlermeldung-duplicate-entry/

Can I delete the marked databases?

Greetings from Germany
HoSe
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad you sorted out the 'challenge'
Yes you can remove those tables ending with 3_2_69 using your phpMyAdmin to Drop each table in turn

Colin
Colin M
  •