News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Menu entry type for listing categories a user is allowed to download

Started by codeselayer, 04.11.2015 03:39:50

Previous topic - Next topic

codeselayer

I' missing a menu entry type in jDownloads to display a list of categories the user is allowed to download from.
Currently I have a working setup in jDownloads/Joomla with usergroups and download categories. Basically users are not allowed to download anything unless they are members of a certain group. On the front side I use a special menu where the entries that point to a jDownload category only show up when the users have a certain access level. This works fine but I have to manage this manu manually and I would like to simplify that.

I tested all jDownload menu entry types but none of them is usable to automatically display a page with a list of categories/downloads where the user has the right (according to his ACL setup) to download it.
There is a menu entry type to display downloads but only if the user has created them. In my case the administrator creates the downloads and manages the group memberships.

Is it possible to create such a page for my users to dynamically display links to jDownload categories but only where the users has the correct membership?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
An interesting idea.  This set me thinking how I would do something like that.

What one can see is controlled by the View access level.  So if you set the View access levels appropriately the the user would only see the appropriate Categories and Downloads
So the jD Tree module might be a solution.  In the first pic below all View Access levels were set to Public.  In the second pic I had changed the View Access Level of Category 'Logged on Downloads' to registered, and hence it and its sub cats do not appear.

Using say Modules Anywhere from NoNumber then you could create an article that included the Tree module, and of course a menu link

Colin
EDIT have now added attachments!

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

codeselayer

Thank you for your help. I will try out the jD Tree module.
  •