News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jDownloads + Falang

Started by Jean-Pierre, 01.11.2015 14:45:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean-Pierre

Hello,

I use the Falang extension to manage the translations of jDownload categories and download descriptions. The two products work perfectly together and I can only recommend Falang for multilingual sites.

There is however one jDownloads table where no XML file for Falang seems to exist: jdownload_licences. I wrote the following XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<falang type="contentelement">
<name>jDownloads Licenses</name>
<author></author>
<copyright></copyright>
<version>1.0</version>
<description>Definition for the jDownloads component (series 2.5/3.2+) - Licenses</description>
<reference>
    <table name="jdownloads_licenses">
        <field type="referenceid" name="id" translate="0">ID</field>
        <field type="titletext" name="title" translate="1">Title</field>
        <field type="text" name="alias" translate="1">Alias</field>
        <field type="htmltext" name="description" translate="1">Description</field>
    </table>
</reference>
</falang>

The translation can be done and is saved, but it does not show up in the frontend, only the default language.

Thank you for your help
Jean-Pierre
(jdownloads3.2.39)
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i must test this. Give me a day...
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Jean-Pierre

Hi,

The author of Falang identified and solved the problem :)

Line 165 of file com_jdownloads/models/summary.php, reading
$query->select('l.title AS license_title, l.url AS license_url, l.description AS license_text');
has to be replaced by
$query->select('l.title AS license_title, l.url AS license_url, l.description AS license_text, l.id as lid'); 

Jean-Pierre
  •  

Arno

Hi Jean-Pierre,
many thanks for this info.
But this line exist also in some other models. So i think we should change also this.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •