News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Non-registered users getting error when clicking on download link

Started by katenz, 29.10.2015 02:59:16

Previous topic - Next topic

katenz

Hi

I have a series of documents which I have set to allow only registered users to download. I am using direct download links in a K2 document. If a registered user clicks on the link the document downloads, which is good. When a guest clicks on the link they get an error page, saying
QuoteThe webpage at http://www.mysite/component/jdownloads/send/2-lsb-ebook/1-lsb-guide-before-you-buy-your-block?option=com_jdownloads has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

I want non-registered users to be directed to the registration page if they try to download a document. How do I do this?

Thanks
kate
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This could be a bit challenging!  When working direct from jDownloads users can see a Download exists but they cannot download it then jD includes messages like"Only registered and logged in users can download files from this category." If the use clicks on the Download title and goes to the Download Details then the message is repeated where the Download Button would have been.  There is no redirection built in.

I have not used K2 myself but it  maybe the K2 plugin could be enhanced to allow a redirection.  Will discuss with Arno

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Thanks Colin for the hint.  ;)
QuoteI am using direct download links in a K2 document.
You mean via jD content plugin? Or have you here manually insert in the text a simple link to the Download?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

katenz

Thanks, I've manually inserted a link, I've never been able to get the download content plugin to work for me.
The page is http://www.lifestyleblock.co.nz/index.php/lsb-ebooks

I have made access public until I can find a way to solve this problem so you won't see the problem but you can see the links I'm using.
Cheers
Kate
  •  

Arno

Hi Kate,
what is your problem with the jD content plugin?
What is your jD version?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •