News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Changing file not working? - SOLVED!

Started by pippo8765, 21.10.2015 11:00:47

Previous topic - Next topic

pippo8765

Hi,
after updating to latest 3.2.39 version I noticed this (still not sure if it's happening all the time and on all locations):

I go to backend, delete currently assigned file to download, then I upload new one, click Save (or Save and Close no matter) and new file does not get assigned to Download! It simply states that no file is assigned to that download item in downloads listing. I go again to edit it, again upload file and it's the same thing.

I was able to assign file by ftp-ing it to server and the choosing it from list, but I ma not sure everyone will be able to do so and also this is just workaround for now.

Please confirm if this is also case with you. Thanks!
  •  

pippo8765

UPDATE: After further experimenting I noticed that this is the case on just one of couple of websites I use jDownloads on, though I can not spot why!

Files->Upload works ok, I can upload file(s) to server. It's just that creating / editing download item at backend, i.e. File adding / editing in item edit view does not work for some reason.

Sorry if I created mess with this post, but if anyone else experiences this - please let me know. I'll keep posted this topic too.
  •  

pippo8765

FINAL UPDATE:

jDownloads is fine, server had bad settings!

What happened is that my host provider's servers were updated and php.ini settings were slightly changed. Parameter that was missing is "upload_tmp_dir". You can check if everything is ok with your site by going to Extensions -> Manage -> Warnings
If tmp folder setting is missing - it'll be stated there. You need to contact your provider and ask him to change this parameter or override php.ini settings on your own if you're able to.

Your line should be something like this:
upload_tmp_dir = "/home_directory/my_directory/tmp"

at least this is how it looks on CentOS. Now "home_directory" and "my_directory" should be changed accordingly. "tmp" is pretty default and important thing is that it should be out of your www (or public_html) folder, i.e. not accessible by web. Usually it is one step above your website's root folder.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for the update. 
Please note I modified you 'red' line to make it clearer for people whose native tongue is not English.

Colin
Colin M
  •