News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Install didn't work [SOLVED]

Started by tima, 28.09.2015 07:49:11

Previous topic - Next topic

tima

Howdy JD,

When I try to install jdownloads v3.2.28
into a J3.4.4 website,
I get the following error message. I uninstalled and installed again, no good. Any clues what to do?

Thanks for your time. --------------------

Warning

Unknown column 'language' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO vx13w_jdownloads_templates (template_name, template_typ, template_text, template_header_text, template_subheader_text, template_footer_text, template_active, locked, language) VALUES ('Standard Categories Layout v2.5', 1, '{cat_title_begin}
{subcats_title_text}
{cat_title_end} {cat_info_begin}
{cat_pic}{cat_title}    {sum_subcats}    {sum_files_cat}
{cat_description}
{tags}
{cat_info_end}', '
{home_link}    {search_link}    {upload_link}    {category_listbox}
', '
{subheader_title}   
{page_navigation_pages_counter} {page_navigation}
{count_of_sub_categories}   
', '
{page_navigation}
{back_link}
', 1, 1, '*')
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have not had an install failure for ages so need to ask some questions!
jD follows the usual install of Upload package file.  Suggest you do NOT use Install from Folder or Install from URL.
Have you set upload_max_filesize and post_max_size greater than 2.5Mb?  Actually to make large uploads I set them above 20M.
Is this a first time install?
Have you been using the jD1.9 series?

If it is a first time install that failed please see http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/how-to-uninstall-all-of-jdownloads

Colin
Colin M
  •  

tima

Howdy Colin,

I followed the instructions from the link provided and it went ok. I did the manual removal of all jdownloads in the appropriate folders and then removal by sql. Then an install using the downloaded file worked well.
Thanks for your support and quick reply.
  •